FTSE strongly UP today!

threegee

So... either Leave has no chance at all or Osborne was lying in his teeth.  I wonder which? ;)

As the politicos never tire of reminding us "the markets don't like uncertainty".  This is true, but they do like market opportunity, and Leave is a huge opportunity to build a more outward looking economy.

Osborne been dying to order the markets to close, and take measures to punish voters, but a vindictive, game-playing, politician like this has no right to be anywhere near the controls of our economy.  If the Tory party don't remove him very quickly they deserve everything they get from the electorate.  His reputation as a bully at Eton school seems well deserved.

I think that's a rationalisation of what is going on, and a bit removed from reality.

I know a substantial private investor in the Irish Republic and he has a rather large capital sum ready to switch from Euros into Sterling if Sterling shows any substantial weakness on Brexit.  He's not betting against UK enterprise, and I'm not either!  Even though I need Euros to pay bills we keep as little as possible in Euros because some time quite soon we'll be very glad we did!

I'm NOT saying there aren't bumps in the road either way, but the independent UK route will have far fewer of them over time.

You'll just have to hope for a Brexit every day then! :)  I'm overjoyed that my cost of living has gone up sharply for now (but it won't get any worse than it got under global Gordon).  Anyway, the inevitable demise of the overvalued Euros I have to find has been hastened a lot.

Remember that the people who are betting against Sterling this morning are the people who've just lost a packet with their huge bookie bets on Remain, and are also the same people who failed to foresee the debt crisis when it was staring them fully in the face. 

With a competent PM - one that's not essentially anti-British - and a chancellor that's not a vindictive school-yard bully boy, Sterling will inevitably climb again.  Put your country first, and it will do what it has always done and look after you!

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now