Jo Cox attack

5 hours ago, Canny lass said:

Having a mental illness does not automatically make you a murderer and all mental illnesses do not involve difficulties in interpreting the social signals of others. If such was the case then I'm pleased I'm not living in the UK where 1 in 4 of the population have had a mental illness diagnosed (not counting those in hospital and prison).

I, personally, will be very surprised if Mair's actions (assuming of course that he is guilty) are found to be the result of either cognitive or affective disorder. IF we are to believe all we read then I'd go along with him being a loner - intentional or unintentional, as the case may be.

I agree, Canny Lass; I suffer mental health issues (controlled by medication) and don't feel the need to kill people. I'm also politically aware and inspired, and similarly don't. I'm not, to put it simply, a nasty murdering bastard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had BBC and Sky providing 24/7 cover about the murder of Jo Cox as well as a stream of MPs and Luvies weeping and wailing, then surprise surprise once voting for the referendum is  over the coverage is turned off like a switch, how sad to have seen this young woman's murder used as a   political jemmy for the stay campaign :( 

Edited by moe19
  • Like 3

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now