EU - Remain or Brexit - Bedlington.co.uk poll

Remain or Brexit  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You need an 'undecided ' vote.

We can and do argue for both 'in' and 'out'

One comedian joked that after a certain age we should not be allowed to vote because 'it's nowt to do with us'

One thing is certain it has become pantomime.

'On no it hasn't' 

Why remain Eggy?! :o Have you caught a bad case of "let's all hold hands and make Europe a better place"?  That only works if you are on the Euro Gravy Train, and that particular service doesn't run through the North East and never will.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy (4G) said:

I added a proper poll

Is adding a 'proper poll' something the bog standard Members can do or is this facility restricted to Administrators Pinching my idea?

4 hours ago, threegee said:

Why remain Eggy?! :o Have you caught a bad case of "let's all hold hands and make Europe a better place"?  That only works if you are on the Euro Gravy Train, and that particular service doesn't run through the North East and never will.

Either

It's all based on your (threegee) arguments to Brexit that I Remain - discuss

or

On 05/31/2016 at 20:25, on the topic 'Brexit : Why TTIP matters, Eggy said 

Do we vote for what benefits the nation or what benefits our self?

So if one party says -  'vote on our side' we should vote on their side but if the other party says - 'no they are wrong' we should vote for the other party.

If the other party then counters the argument to vote for the other party should we vote for the alternative?

If there isn't an alternative then do we hire a white campaign bus and convince the undecided to surrender?

If all the old codgers at the club are content with their final lot and the only time this referendum comes up is when when one old codger says  - 'ee uu lot, wi divin't want a discussion in here aboot referendun. When your postal votes arrive, dig oot that lucky coin and decide - heads for one party and tails for the other. Spin the coin, decision made.  

I'm singing and dancing in the rain, doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,   doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,  doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,  .................. 

10 minutes ago, Eggy1948 said:

Is adding a 'proper poll' something the bog standard Members can do or is this facility restricted to Administrators Pinching my idea?

Yes, anybody can create a poll. On the new topic page there is a tab where you can add polls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy (4G) said:

Yes, anybody can create a poll. On the new topic page there is a tab where you can add polls.

Cheers Andy. I must have been really single minded when I have created any new topic not to have seen, and played with, that feature! 

17 hours ago, Eggy1948 said:

Either

It's all based on your (threegee) arguments to Brexit that I Remain - discuss

or

On 05/31/2016 at 20:25, on the topic 'Brexit : Why TTIP matters, Eggy said 

Do we vote for what benefits the nation or what benefits our self?

So if one party says -  'vote on our side' we should vote on their side but if the other party says - 'no they are wrong' we should vote for the other party.

If the other party then counters the argument to vote for the other party should we vote for the alternative?

If there isn't an alternative then do we hire a white campaign bus and convince the undecided to surrender?

If all the old codgers at the club are content with their final lot and the only time this referendum comes up is when when one old codger says  - 'ee uu lot, wi divin't want a discussion in here aboot referendun. When your postal votes arrive, dig oot that lucky coin and decide - heads for one party and tails for the other. Spin the coin, decision made.  

I'm singing and dancing in the rain, doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,   doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,  doo be do do, do be doobe dodo,  .................. 

So, you tossed a coin?  :D

You know what the REAL difference between this referendum and the 1975 one is?  In 1975 we all thought Ted Heath was telling us the truth, but the truth didn't actually cross his lips until a candid moment a decade or more later. Then everyone had an excuse for being fooled, and the people who voted against were probably only voting for the status quo - always understandable.

This time around we all know Cameron is a serial liar (even his own party tell us that), and it has just been revealed what a vindictive little sod Osborne is!  They are both running true to their record of being the Eaton school bullies.  So, youngsters still have the naivety defence to fall back on, but us olduns have no such excuse. What's more, anyone who thinks the status quo is on offer this time around is seriously deluded. They'll be a lot wiser - not in the next decade this time, but before the year is out!  Hopefully all the tossed coins will average out, and I (and others) will be cruelly deprived of our told-you-so moment.

Since the first rush, 15/06/2016, to use the poll  = 90% Brexit & 10% Remain I see the momentum, 16/06/2016, is now with the Remain supporters = 83.33% Brexit & 16.66% Remain.

So as there will be approx 9.8% compound increase in people voting over the remaining 4 days the Seghill forecast is that when the polls close it will be 47.25% Brexit & 52.25% Remain.

1 hour ago, Eggy1948 said:

So as there will be approx 9.8% compound increase in people voting over the remaining 4 days the Seghill forecast is that when the polls close it will be 47.25% Brexit & 52.25% Remain.

Maybe you need to apply that same extrapolation method to the immigration figures too?

Anyway, if you are even half right in relation to the actual poll, my forecast is that in the 2020 GE Ukip will win 400+ seats, and there won't be a second referendum because that will be an implicit mandate to revoke the European Communities Act 1972.

One thing is totally certain: whatever it takes and however it pans out, we will be out of the EU within a decade; so it might just as well be now, when it's less painful.

9 adults; five children and two dogs were noticed drifting, in a fiber glass boat without no oars, up the river Blyth on today's high tide. It is believed they were welcomed into the community group and they have declared their vote :-

Remain or Brexit.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

8 hours ago, Eggy1948 said:

9 adults; five children and two dogs were noticed drifting, in a fiber glass boat without no oars, up the river Blyth on today's high tide. It is believed they were welcomed into the community group and they have declared their vote :-

Remain or Brexit.jpg

You forgot the bit about them being welcomed by George Osborne (who was on his way to punish local pensioners by clawing back a chunk of their pensions as punishment for not voting for his forthcoming massive EU one).

Anyway, despite the fact that UK nationals living in other parts of the EU have no say in constitutional matters there no matter how long they have been resident, George immediately granted these Bongobongans rights to determine how our country is governed for at least the next 1000 years.  When challenged on whether this was fair he sniffed  "I think you are being a trifle pedantic there; after this week you won't actually have a recognisable country to concern your inconsequential plebeian self about".

He then went on to explain how Dave and he had dreamed the whole wheeze up in an idle moment at Eaton when they'd got tired of abusing younger pupils.  "We worked out that there were sufficient gullible people to believe in this touchy-feely United Europe twaddle the first time around, but we had to fix it so's they'd never get another vote. You know the supply of people who can be consistently persuaded to vote against all their very own interests and trash any prospect of their own economic advancement has been pretty much cornered by the Labour Party, though it is going down fast there too. That's why we desperately need to end British democracy right now, because we'd die before we were forced by the electorate to go out and get a real job." ...he chortled.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now