That Jeremy Corbyn Documetary

moe19

Really good find Moe.  It doesn't really get on message until about 14 minutes in.

Anyone who doesn't see the obviously intended irony in the edit of Corbyn's final words - "Some people are slower learners than others" - is clearly a Corbyn voter!  I think the core problem for Labour is that the vast majority of the electorate isn't as simple-minded as their current leader, and that many of those who are will grow up at some point!

We learn that he's a total gift to Tory Central, and that this extends to his team.  Their anticipated response to their PM's QT question, and what Dodgy Dave came back with shows their reality gap.  It was put down to a mole in the Labour camp rather than they hadn't actually thought things through to their logical conclusion.  Against that sort of self-delusion Gordo's "it's a global problem" starts to sound convincing.  The looks of disappointment on their faces, and the teary emotionalism when things didn't work out as they believed they must, is all an intelligent voter needs to know about a prospective Corbyn government.

Being dominated by two parties  has left us with a malfunctioning democracy and widespread public disillusionment.in politics and politicians, I think we are crying out for a new political party in the UK, not one made up of luvies or tree hungers  but one of people who live in the real world and who would put the UK and its people first. 

I suppose I will have to keep on dreaming .   

Edited by moe19
  • Like 1

Well we all know where those tree huggers go, but where do the luvvies go?  It used to be Labour because it was proletarian fashionable, and that sure paid all around - right wingers would just smile and lefties would lap up the sop.  But, where do the Emma Thompsons - those who's lifestyles free them from the consequences of their actions - go now?  Let's all hold hands and make the world a better place has been replaced by let's all have a cup of tea with my misunderstood terrorist friends as they really aren't as murdersome as they are painted (except maybe the Jews!).  No luvvies with luxury homes on multiple continents are going to go along with that, if only because it's entirely unfashionable, and they might be inconvenienced by the authorities during their peripatetics if they get their names on an international watch list.

So, where do they go now, and has Angelina Jolie cornered the market in where they'd all like to be?  Thinking about their dilemma I reckon that the luvvies too need a new party, and it could be called the Using celebrity to preach luvviedom to the proles, whilst having no intention of doing anything inconvenient or wealth-draining ourselves party.  This would need to be shortened to something trendy like HIP though (Hypocrisy International Party). How about Russell Brand for grand leader?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3527801/Anti-capitalist-Russell-Brand-plans-pool-cinema-3-3million-thatched-cottage.html

17 hours ago, moe19 said:

Maybe its to late.

Don't say that!  If we don't pull free from the sticky web of elitist cronyism that is the EU this time around, there will be more attempts until we do.  And, the next one won't take anything remotely like 41 years!  The once-in-a-lifetime nonsense is only in Dodgy Dave's mind.  The electorate are absolutely entitled to correct their mistakes, even if that doesn't suit our establishment!

Void?!  I don't think so.  The establishment-friendly electoral commission will do a bit token grumbling, but wave a rigged result through nevertheless.  How do you think the Out campaign with the least popular support got selected to be the lead campaign, and got all the funding?

The establishment looks after its own - even those who are being a tiny bit irksome.  The trick is to give the illusion of democracy whist giving as little ground to actual popular democracy as possible.

Who says the Out campaign had/has the least popular support? Just about everything I've read and heard says the opposite?

Edited by mercuryg

You need to reread that Merc. I was talking about the TWO principal Out groupings.  The smaller Tory-led one got the ticket, even after the much larger leave.eu joined forces with Labour-led cross-party Grassroots Out, but is anyone surprised?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now