'Neglected Building'? (Opposite St. Cuthberts)...

Blank

I've just updated my gallery, can anyone tell me what the building is that I've named 'Neglected Building'? (Opposite St. Cuthberts)...

It's the Church Hall that's been scheduled for demolition. A pity as the shell was probably sound, although the floor was definitely rotten and was declared unsafe. Seems like no one wanted to make the funds available for a renovation, as there's been a long-running saga to establish who actually owned the building.

Anyway, there was a planning application to build "Luxury" Flats, that may or may not have impressed the local guardian's of our culture at the WDC.

....who actually owned the building.

Anyway, there was a planning application to build "Luxury" Flats, that may or may not have impressed the local guardian's of our culture at the WDC.

this 'planning application' diddnt happen to involve the developers of perrystone mews by any chance did it?

Guest missvic
this 'planning application' diddnt happen to involve the developers of perrystone mews by any chance did it?

Speaking of which, wasn't there some issue over the 'planning application' at the new Bebside Hall? Now, who were the developers there?

I believe the "developer" for the flats was M.M.

There was also another set put in to turn it into a kind of youth hostel.

As already mentioned the actual owner was always an enigma with no one really sure? The Church was trying to claim it and do some sort of Social developement, eg youth centre with accomadation.

I believe flats have been given the go ahead but the quality of the work and the materials used to date have upset the planners! Much the same as the old Ford garage!

A lovely computer generated photo of clean streets, clean people, blue skies etc...

I notice how they don't mention the railway lines running opposite, or the high school and its hundreds of kids trooping past every day bricking the windows.

Just look at Petes shop on the corner, (Actually you cant see it on that photo as its not even real, but its the corner shop opposite the development). He has his windows put out at least twice a week, i don't even think he bothers to have them replaced now.

I've just updated my gallery, can anyone tell me what the building is that I've named 'Neglected Building'? (Opposite St. Cuthberts).

Oh, and let me know what you think!

Your photos are all really good. Weel done and all that...back in the day, I'd been there once or twice when I was involved in the scouts....(For the record, I am and have always been a lass BTW)

You can actually tell that that building is in good structural nick as the roof isn't bowing and is still largely on one piece. It's one of those where if you had a few (hundred) grand to spare you could do the whole "Grand Designs" bit on it and it'd be lush. Unfortunately, there is a trick in the building trade where you buy old/listed buildings as a nameless building company, hang on until they fall apart, sell 'em then knock them down.

Bast***s

Don't the new flats at the Station look lovely, btw... shame the 'young professional' types on the pictures will be replaced with people in dirty Henry Lloyds drinking White Lighting...

http://uk.propertyfinder.com/2/pf/property...Y_DETAILS&=

I know, and the price seems a little harsh when you can buy a nice flat that isn't made of cardboard with all mod cons on Rothesay or Victoria Terrace and still have change out of £80K roughly half a mile up the road....

Do they think we're daft? The high school alone would do my napper in...

flat at the station not mean another nomad smack centre!!! like the one beside the spar, mecks you sick they pull down perfectly good buildings full of character and put up !*!@#! a bit breeze block and pvc double glazing! they wont shot :angry:

Your photos are all really good. Weel done and all that...back in the day, I'd been there once or twice when I was involved in the scouts....(For the record, I am and have always been a lass BTW)

You can actually tell that that building is in good structural nick as the roof isn't bowing and is still largely on one piece. It's one of those where if you had a few (hundred) grand to spare you could do the whole "Grand Designs" bit on it and it'd be lush. Unfortunately, there is a trick in the building trade where you buy old/listed buildings as a nameless building company, hang on until they fall apart, sell 'em then knock them down.

Bast***s

I know, and the price seems a little harsh when you can buy a nice flat that isn't made of cardboard with all mod cons on Rothesay or Victoria Terrace and still have change out of £80K roughly half a mile up the road....

Do they think we're daft? The high school alone would do my napper in...

Back in the day............you didn't wear uniforms :(

Even now :angry:

That poor old building was my very first school - St Cuthberts First School (about 38 years ago!)

The Headmistress then was called Miss Oliver (I think) and my teacher was called Mrs Fox. When it closed down we all moved to Whitley Memorial School (the old one before it was knocked down - or did it get burned down I can't quite remember)

Anyway it is a shame to see it in this state. What an eyesore right in the middle of the Front Street.

Yeah, i heard it used to be a school at one time.

Its been in this state for a long time now, I personally don't want to see yet another new development there in its place...

Yep. It would certainly be a shame to replace one eyesore with another.

Yep. It would certainly be a shame to replace one eyesore with another.

Thats the thing with Bedlingotn, every other shop that closes ends up being made into flats...

Theres plenty of housing here now - but nothing for the people to do once they move here.

Yeah, i heard it used to be a school at one time.

Its been in this state for a long time now, I personally don't want to see yet another new development there in its place...

Aye it used to be a Sunday School, some of my mates went there when they were kids :P

I think it should be made into a place to lock up all the charvs :)

Aye it used to be a Sunday School, some of my mates went there when they were kids :P

I think it should be made into a place to lock up all the charvs :)

But then you'd have to get locked up Rach!

Only kidding!

:P