Yet Another Attempt to Swing the Referendum Result

Your ignorance in that last post is utterly astonishing. My 'mates in the pub' are a bunch of intelligent, politically aware professionals from many different walks of life; your blanket dismissal is typical of your superior attitude, and serves little purpose in the discussion. For the record, and this is yet another display of ignorance on your part, you'll find few in Bedlingto in support of Mr Lavery; his core vote is from Ashington. I stand, firmly, by my point: people, in general, have lost interest.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2016 at 09:36, mercuryg said:

Your ignorance in that last post is utterly astonishing. My 'mates in the pub' are a bunch of intelligent, politically aware professionals from many different walks of life; your blanket dismissal is typical of your superior attitude, and serves little purpose in the discussion. For the record, and this is yet another display of ignorance on your part, you'll find few in Bedlingto in support of Mr Lavery; his core vote is from Ashington. I stand, firmly, by my point: people, in general, have lost interest.

My ignorance about exactly what?  I said probably based on clear statistics - once again you try to personalise things!  You can only take the Ashington/Bedlington dichotomy so far; the evidence shows that there are still very significant numbers of Bedlington people whose political awareness is more in tune with the first half of the 20th century that the 21st!  But, if you are saying that our unwilling pairing with Ashington is a huge drag, then I'm in 100% agreement.

I'm not going to point up the obvious self-contradictions in the rest.  If you are "turned-off" then please do turn off, and start a thread about something that turns you on! If this interests me I will join in, but if it doesn't there'll be no expression of sour grapes, or personalised attacks, from here!

24 minutes ago, mercuryg said:

Yes, perhaps ignorance was wrong; arrogance is more apt. 

Try condescension - because you have before!  The converse of your claim about your friends in the pub: if you knew me you'd know that was entirely untrue too.

Aw Canny Lass I like the sand! I can throw it in his eyes! (Only kidding 3G, I would more likely buy you a pint!)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now