Our Moral Guardians At Work Again...

Production Management Assistant Internship at BBC Current Affairs

Application Form

All roles advertised through Creative Access are only open to UK nationals from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority.
Only applications via Creative Access will be considered – please DO NOT contact companies directly.
To apply for the above opportunity, you MUST REGISTER HERE and then complete the form below.

http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities/production-management-assistant-internship-current-affairs

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

... I have read the application form but can that be legal?

I really don't know, but there's one thing I am sure of: The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation is busting a gut to replace that "UK nationals" with "EU nationals" - all in the interests of national, cultural, and ethnic diversity, of course!

It's only a charity if you are a failed executive getting a £680K pay off (or maybe Graham Norton on £2.6M p/a). To the rest of us it's a television tax that has to be paid else we get a criminal record.

3 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Pure discrimination! This so-called charity should be reported.

Nah its ok white people dont count where the new minority. It's the master race in reverse and we're to soft to do anything about it. there's now a muslim in charge of London what's next muslim pm, muslim king. There doing there best to oust the native population. 

• Like 1

Mrs Orloff (who used to work in HR) tells me that the ad has probably been approved because the ethnic groups mentioned are under represented in the organisation. If they are, such ads are allowed so that the organisation can bring their equality stats up to proportionate levels. Doesn't mean it's right, of course...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orloff said:

Mrs Orloff (who used to work in HR) tells me that the ad has probably been approved because the ethnic groups mentioned are under represented in the organisation. If they are, such ads are allowed so that the organisation can bring their equality stats up to proportionate levels. Doesn't mean it's right, of course...

Bollicks what a crock of s**t it's just blatant discrimination 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monsta® said:

Bollicks what a crock of s**t it's just blatant discrimination 

Totally agree Monsta, but as Orloff's wife says it would have been passed as legal,still discimination though. Strange how things are considered to be ok and legal just look at the failed w***** oops bankers that failed but legally still got big bonnesses.

"muslim king"

No. In a supreme act of discrimination, I believe this is not permitted; nor can the Monarch be a Catholic.

I disagree strongly with the application from the original post; under-represented or not, the job should go to the best candidate, irrespective of the colour of their skin,

2 hours ago, mercuryg said:

I disagree strongly with the application from the original post; under-represented or not, the job should go to the best candidate, irrespective of the colour of their skin,

I agree with what you have said, any job should go to the best candidate, but under the silly rules of only certain people can apply for job then the result can only lead to possible failure and there are plenty of failures in this country but they get big rewards.

BBC bans white people from job - but workforce already reflects country's ethnic make-up

Figures show in 2016, 13.4 per cent of the Beeb’s workforce are from Black, Asian and other ethnic minorities.

This is actually above figures from the 2011 Census results, which show 13.1 per cent of the UK population are from Black, Asian and other ethnic minorities.

And the licence-fee funded corporation aim to go one step further and increase Black, Asian and ethnic minorities to 15 per cent in their workforce by 2020. 

But critics are questioning why the BBC is positively discriminating if they are already one of the “most ethnically representative employers in Britain”.

UKIP employment spokesman, Jane Collins MEP, said; “I didn't know the BBC had been put in charge of implementing 'positive' discrimination in the workplace.

"As far as I’m aware, it is still illegal in this country to refuse an interview or a job to anyone due to their background, skin colour or religion.

“This is a case of the BBC appointing itself as an arbiter of equality when the law requires them to provide equal opportunities for all.

Irwin Mitchell is the 20th largest law firm in the UK, which is currently fronting the ‘Don’t Quit, Do It’ campaign, which aims to highlight the ways in which events and activities can be made more accessible for disabled people. 

Mr Simjee said a white person could seek to challenge these restrictions by bringing in a direction claim to the Employment Tribunal.

He added: “If successful, the individual could be awarded damages for the loss of opportunity in being considered for the role, plus they might receive a payment for injury to feelings which can range from around £500 for minor incidents to over £30,000 for serious breaches.

“To avoid costly legal battles and reputational damage, most employers seeking to promote diversity in the workforce encourage applications from under-represented groups rather than excluding white applicants altogether.”

So... this will likely end up in a lot of chancers bringing legal actions against the BBC, who will then pour millions from the TV Tax into trying to defend the indefensible!  Meanwhile the overpaid BBC management structure won't blink an eye, as if they ever have to take the wrap they will walk into another media job with a huge pay-off for failure - again from our involuntary TV Tax!.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now