Monsta®

people with loads of cats / cats in general

Why do people need to have more than one stupid cat. They kill birds and shit all over. Dig up your plants veg etc, people go on about culling foxes they need to start culling them rat bastards instead. 

Edited by Monsta®
  • Like 2

How are you supposed know that the cat is going to be stupid when you get it? What are the odds at the next one also being stupid ?

I don't think we should start getting rid of "stupid" ....

• Like 3

Indeed; I don't have any stupid cats. I instead have 17 carefully selected, very intelligent cats, who kill only needless, superfluous rodents - those that are over-populated in local terms - and shit in a set location, rather than 'all over'. Oddly, despite Monsta's protestations, they also play a strong part in keeping the local 'rat bastard' population at bay; I frequently clear rat bastard carcasses from my garden. I'm also not sure why Monsta urges me to dig up my veg (etc); not much of it is ready yet.

• Like 2

The 'dig up your plants veg' bit had me wondering too. I need at least another month before I can even get my radishes up. Hackles, on the other hand, are up already.

• Like 1

"Hackles, on the other hand, are up already."

Do hackles go well with mayonnaise?

• Like 2

Not saying owt about purple hats! My older cat has learnt how to open the kitchen window, so she can go and sort out the rat bastard population without bothering me. Given there are two levers that need to be turned in opposite directions, I'm extremely impressed.

I'm impressed too! The best mine can do is knock on the window when she want's to be let in. I would think that was a sign of intelligence if she didn't have a cat flap.

lol. This is a window hinged from the top; it has two levers, one needs to turn left, the other - of course - right, and then you need to push. I have never seen her do it, but how else do I find it open when she is the only living thing in the house, and outside? Interesting about the knocking on window thing: I'm deaf - almost totally - and all my cats to date have learned the usual 'meow' won't wake me up, but standing on my face will. Feline sign language, I guess.

Cats even have my vote.

We could learn a lot from them.

Forget the cars slip of the finger.

Here, people don't have cats - cats have people. The cats that own our land trade in rodents - which they leave just outside the door - for food.  They are country cats, not really domesticated, and certainly not stupid.  The three kittens who were born here stick around a lot more than the adult cats, who obviously get fed elsewhere too.  There's always some cats at feeding time demanding food, but you can never predict exactly how many will turn up.

20 hours ago, mercuryg said:

lol. This is a window hinged from the top; it has two levers, one needs to turn left, the other - of course - right, and then you need to push. I have never seen her do it, but how else do I find it open when she is the only living thing in the house, and outside? Interesting about the knocking on window thing: I'm deaf - almost totally - and all my cats to date have learned the usual 'meow' won't wake me up, but standing on my face will. Feline sign language, I guess.

Hey Merc, go on u tube and put in "Simon's cat". 

Just an update: Archibald Jones, my big lad, took another chunk out of the Rat Bastard population today. Thought Monsta might appreciate that.

• Like 2

Cat update: My youngest has decided that, in addition to bringing me dead rodents (and the odd live one) I also need fruit and veg. In the back garden, in accessible but for a front gate, I have found - over the last few days, all neatly placed together - two bananas, several carrots, and an apple.

• Like 3

cats - herself is a cat person .. as far as I see it they only reason we have dead birds - voles - mice etc in the house is 'cos the cat brings them in ... we also have a bernese mountain dog - ok it is dim but it just ambles through life and doesn't bring dead things into the house! 

Be thankful they are dead! Mine brings them home alive, and you'd think butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. I swear she doesn't say Miaow - it sounds more like Moi? I've become a dab hand at catching mice in a whisky glass.

Missan 2008.JPG