Help needed.

With so many people unhappy with the state of our streets and open spaces a group has come together to see just what can be done to help. 

They are holding an open public meeting at the Bedlington Community Centre on Front Street next Wednesday 4th May at 6.00pm. 

If you are concerned about the way our Town looks at times and want to actually do something about it please come along.  You may already do a bit of litter picking in your particular area, if so we would like to hear about that too so we can make a map of the areas residents are already helping out with and areas which might need some sort of concerted community effort to get back into a good state. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

I'm looking forward to see how many  turn up at this meeting.  Perhaps we'll see how passionate  people are about the town, they're making a lot of noise on social media sites.

Fair point; I shall do my best to be there. As for the noise on social media, surely that's a good thing? Of course, it's far easier to sit in the comfort of your own home and type stuff on a computer than it is to actually get out and do something. 

Very true, Foxy (and one I wasn't at! Shame on me!)

PS Tree which is no longer there!!

Edited by mercuryg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now