Lavery Nailed on Newsnight

(Summing up Lavery's affairs)  On the question of Mr Lavery's mortgage he's been as transparent as the river behind me (nods to a very muddy River Thames).

You can find the full treatment on iPlayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b077n59m/newsnight-14042016

Newsnight's segment on Lavery obtaining his mortgage from the miners' gimpfund and then getting the NUM to allegedly pay it off, certainly looked crooked.  His shifty behaviour when confronted in the street by Sweeney convinced me he was bent ... just like the rest of the shysters at Westminster.

I was really suprised that the Northumberland NUM only had eight members.

Ok I did watch the link.

Shocking !

No answer to the question of the mortgage.

A private matter it cannot be when it is from funds provided to the union by sick miners.

This could well bring the Labour Party and the Unions into dangerous ground.

Fellow party members talk about 'The Wansbeck Mafia'

Clarification is not going to work if all questions are not answered.

So few members in the NUM and so much money appears to have been wasted.

Accountability and an independent audit surely must follow. The truth must be proved particularly for the Wansbeck Labour Party and the future.

This could prove to be the end of a safe labour seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maggie/915 said:

This could prove to be the end of a safe labour seat.

An orangutan could stand, and win  as long as it was standing for Labour then folk would vote for it, how many times have you heard people say I always vote labour because my parents and my grandparents and my great grandparents all voted labour.

We are good warm hearted folk in the north east but we need to take the blinkers off at times and start to form our own opinions on what is best for us and the area.

The days of tipping your cap are long gone.        

Edited by moe19

All true moe19.

However it is a new generation who could well surprise the ruling elite.

If Power corrupts then things will change minds.

The handling of Union money and how it was spent is a serious issue.

The miners who donated money have a right to know if a certain mortgage was paid for by their money. Regardless of which fund it was in.

posted this on another thread on same lines -

interesting article

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4784/num-branch-with-4-members-pays-80k-per-year-to-top-officials

maybe the site should have a poll amongst its members to see how many actual miners have received generous mortgages through their union and expenses?  

was i right in reading that the NUM has only 6 members now ?? and yet there appears to be a regional rep and secretary for each area - which comes to more than 6 - or are thye not members ???

2 hours ago, pilgrim said:

i right in reading that the NUM has only 6 members now ?? and yet there appears to be a regional rep and secretary for each area - which comes to more than 6 - or are thye not members ???

That article was from 2013 the numbers and positions could  possibly  be different now pilgrim

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now