Tj'S fruiters

New shop opening 18th April, good quality fruit and veg on bedlington front street west,  all kinds of fruit and veg sold, sold by the single item to the sack must come along to try and experience some of the fruits you never tried. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Monsta® said:

Could be good as long as they can compete with morrisons and lidl when it opens

Don't think of it as competition, but as an alternative. We're always banging on about needing small, independent shops, so let's support it; of course, your oranges will cost a little more, but what's a few pennies? I'll be popping in later to see what's up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mercuryg said:

Don't think of it as competition, but as an alternative. We're always banging on about needing small, independent shops, so let's support it; of course, your oranges will cost a little more, but what's a few pennies? I'll be popping in later to see what's up.

Totally agree in principal but as more than half of bedlington is either unemployed or in low payed employment those few pennies will make all the difference. 

Very true Monsta, and I'm low income myself, but I'm willing to support a local venture if they can provide me with quality produce at a sensible - even if it's not discount - price. Furthermore, I often see local unemployed people - many of whom I know - in the queue with me at Moby's, Best Bite, the Red Lion, and of course, that's up to them. If they can afford five quid for fish and chips or a pizza, well, what's an extra quid on your fresh fruit?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now