Hide Adverts
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Cross

Loath

OK i am probably just having a whinge but i loath it when a subject is posted then a few replies are posted

and then  the posts start coming in and they completely change the topic of the original post

OK that's what grates my gears this fine morning in Queensland .........sorry guys.

Edited by Brian Cross
  • Like 1

I know it can be a bit irritating at times, but if every topic stuck rigidly to its title then people would skip whole topics that they thought wouldn't interest them.

Many times I've read a topic that didn't particularly interest me at the time, but thought there may be other content in there that I didn't want to miss (I'm the nosy type!), only to find myself actually engrossed in the topic itself.

So, how is the barbie season going then? ...

:D

• Like 1

Now we have to decide who is the grumpiest. I think I could win that competition.

How many conversations can be started about say the price of bread and end with the meaning of life .

Maybe it's just me.

Dialogue surely is good regardless of where it starts and where it ends.

Who's round? 

Can't help you there I'm afraid. I had the grave misfortune to be born with uncommonly short arms and incredibly deep pockets. :D

• Like 1

I cannot stand people who think they're worse off than everybody else. My mate Fred is brilliant. He had a bad accident where he lost his voice and both legs. Does he make a song and dance about it?      Certainly not !

• Like 3

My apologies friends i was just being a old fart and the beers no problem. 420023_336666419690041_850616935_n.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest News

• A big-hearted donation by one of South East Northumberland’s largest employers has enabled local football club, Bedlington Terriers FC, to provide its players, staff and visitors with rapid emergency response should it ever be needed.
      Lynemouth Power Station has gifted the community club with a life-saving heart defibrillator which will now be installed at the Welfare Park ground. If deployed within three to five minutes of a cardiac arrest, such equipment could potentially increase the chances of someone surviving a heart attack from six to 74 per cent. Each minute without CPR and defibrillation also reduces a patient’s survival rate by between seven and ten per cent.*
      The Northern League Division Two club is home to seven teams and over 80 footballers from senior players to an under 6 ‘tots’ team. Along with daily training sessions and match attendances, the club sees hundreds of people visiting the ground on a weekly basis therefore the defibrillator has been very well received by all.
      Rowan Edwards, Commercial Director of Bedlington Terriers FC, commented, “This is a vital piece of first aid equipment and we are extremely grateful to Lynemouth Power Station for their kind donation. Given the number of on-site staff, players training each week and visitors to the ground, it is essential that our trained staff have instant access to life-saving equipment in case of emergencies. It will mean a lot to everyone here at the club as well as the local community, so we’re very grateful for the power station’s support.”
      Janet Mole from Lynemouth Power Station added, “Having these devices installed in popular public places and venues is so important, so rather than just donate to the fundraising effort, we decided to purchase the equipment outright on behalf of the club. As a local employer, it is important that community initiatives like this are well supported so we’re delighted to hand over the defibrillator to all at the club.”

• Latest Topics