Bedlington design competition

Even from a brief glance it's not difficult to see which one ARCH have already, oops, sorry, will choose. The Ryder proposal looks like something out of a sci-fi film, all cold and steely with little regard to community at all!

** should have added, will choose after careful consultation with the people of the town.

Edited by mercuryg

Went to see the plans for the re-vamp of the Tesco sight and came away somewhat disappointed at both of the architects plans. What the community needs above all else are decent shops and amenities not more housing. There are enough house building sites in and around the town yet no attempt to furnish the area with leisure facilities - why is it that Ashington appears to get all - perhaps the man Lavery has something of a pull on the authorities! He certainly appears to do nothing for Bedlington.

Tomtom, from what I've gathered leisure facilities were never on the agenda for this development. It is what it is, and surely it's better than nothing?

Sorry Malcolm I really try not to do links.

Maybe I should try to do better in this 'Age of Technology' 

My 'Old School' approach to buying papers and books is possibly questionable.

I am sure there is one city trying to 'Save the Trees'.

On that subject Bedlington has an issue with save the 'Ancient Hedgerows'. It seems some developers are removing them when they should not!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now