Bedlington Village School, Church Lane - old phot

• 2 months later...

Number two is the spit of who I think is Morgan Dawson.[Had a younger Brother called Ronnie ] went to the Whitley Memorial School after the Infants School,as we all did.

10 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Number two is the spit of who I think is Morgan Dawson.[Had a younger Brother called Ronnie ] went to the Whitley Memorial School after the Infants School,as we all did.

No 2. Morgan Dawson ? - added

BVS Class4 1950 names.jpg

• 9 months later...

Here's an older photo c1928. This was posted on the Bygone Bedlington site by Tracey Temple with the comment :-  'My Aunty is trying to remember some of the children in this photo, taken approximately 1928/29 at the Infant school that was opposite St Cuthberts. if anyone can fill in any gaps for her she will be very happy! She is coming up to 95, to give an indication of the age the kids will be now.'

Tracey asked me to post the photo here to see if anyone in the photo can be identified, naturally as a distant relative to the members on here.

1928-29 Tracey Temple Bygone Bedlington named.jpg

1 hour ago, Orloff said:

I remember a guy called Tommy Darling (No3?) who ran a shop down at Grange Park back in the '60s, can't for the life of me remember what he dealt in, just that he was a nice guy. He was a friend of my fathers.

There were two Tommy Darlings in Bedlington, if this is the one from Grange Park he dealt in Fruit and Veg/ General Dealer. The other worked for Prudential Insurance.

23 hours ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

There were two Tommy Darlings in Bedlington, if this is the one from Grange Park he dealt in Fruit and Veg/ General Dealer. The other worked for Prudential Insurance.

Thanks Foxy, No3 in the picture does look a bit  him, always smiling he was.

• 1 year later...

bedlington village infants 1950 class 4. -  #2 is dennis smith, lived gladstone terrace beside hirst terrace; dad was jim, mom was Bella, sister was Sheila.  #7 is me. we left bedlington in 1955 for canada after dad had an accident in the pits.  
(friend dennis went into the mines at 14, lived last i heard in ashington.) 

Edited by wdmytrenko

@wdmytrenko - thanks for the update. 

We have an Album within the Gallery under  Historic Bedlington for each of the Bedlington schools. The Village school is on Page 2. The 1950 Class 4 photo, + a bit that was missing from the first photo that was posted, with names is in the Album.

The  photos were post on Facebook . Unfortunately they weren't scanned ( just a photo of the photo) so the quality is not that good. 

Have you managed to download a copy of the photo with names from this site and would like the 'mashup' full photo with 26 children without the names?

i have an original of the photo. and as mentioned, #7 was “meself”  - walter dmytrenko.  we lived down Vulcan Way on hirst terrace 1950-1955, and i would wander thru the colliery lands or the otherway thru the fields to the blyth. billy elliot was me in a way . . . best wishes  . . . w 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wdmytrenko said:

i have an original of the photo. and as mentioned, #7 was “meself”  - walter dmytrenko.  we lived down Vulcan Way on hirst terrace 1950-1955, and i would wander thru the colliery lands or the otherway thru the fields to the blyth. billy elliot was me in a way . . . best wishes  . . . w 

@wdmytrenko - Cheers Walter - I will add your name to the photo in the Gallery :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now