Live! Problem?

Newbedders

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm!!...wondered what time thi X21 got ti thi top-end......noo a naa,thanks ti Live!!

Can anybody tell me wat thi purpose is of seeing thi Market-place at neet,constantly?....aam aa missin' summik?

...a mean,it's NICE ti see it aal lit up,cos a was browt up there,lang afore tha was any Belisha beacons flashin!,in fact a can mind when thi very forst one was put in,and that one was doon aside the Nothumberland Arms/Chemist's shop crossing.

Aa musta ownly been aboot eight or nine,mebbe ten years aad,mebbe even younger,but aal a remember is me aadest Sister coming in from sumwheor,and being excited,and starting ti tell aal thi family aboot thi new "Belisha Beacon",which,at my young age,soonded a freaky weird thing..!!

She started ti explain wat it lukked like,and so aal of us in thi family went up ti see it.....nae kid!!

When we got up ti thi Market-place,tha was a lot of folk aal stannin aroond and taakin aboot it!!

Seems absoloutely ridiculous noo,ti think aboot it,but remember,we still had aad gas street leets in places like Hollymoont Avenue,Bell's-Place...[wat leads doon ti Hollymoont Square],so this new-fangled electric flashing leet seemed a marvellous affair!![most of thi aad colliery hooses and other aad terraced hooses still had gas leets in thi hoose,fed from thi Doctor Pit Gasometer.]

Went back ti Live again just noo,and thowt ti mesel,aye,it might hae been a novel gud idea at thi time,but it must be one of the very few gud ideas,which are very effective,and STILL in use at thi same site,60-odd years later,in thi LIGHT[!],of aal this new L.E.D.. technology!

Wonder.....has anybody at NCC,thowt of replacing the lamps inside the bowls,wi CREE L.E.D.'S...?[or aam a bit behind thi times and it's mebbe aalriddy been done?]

They've replaced the street light outside my house thie week with an LED narrow beam low light replacement. Not sure how the Boffins describe these replacements but If I had a corner shop I would be stocking up with candles for the expected rush of sales. I also suspect an appointment with a no win no fee solicitor to become popular.

VERY good point Foxy!!...for a number of reasons!!

Already we are seeing quite a few failures....it's still early days yet!

It's around about this time the camera connection was scheduled to be transferred away from BT to ANOTHER.  I will enquire.

BT wouldn't provide a fixed IP without a ridiculous surcharge.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now