Could this be a "priceless" classic headline?

threegee

Express headline today:

Weather girl Laura Tobin rips priceless superhero poster worth £150,000

:rolleyes:

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/645585/Weather-girl-Laura-Tobin-rips-priceless-comic-book-150-000-Good-Morning-Britain-ITV

But maybe priceless is now the new Camspeak: where words such as fundamental, reform, legally-binding, treaty and change don't mean remotely the same as they did last week?

15 hours ago, Maggie/915 said:

Surely the 'Daily Obscurer or the Daily Chloroform'.  

Yes, but enough about The (moral) Guardian Maggie, what about The Express?  ;)

I'm saving the best jokes for when The Guardian finally runs out of (other people's) money Maggie!.  Still, I don't suppose that even then Guardianistas will see the supreme irony in that.

If it goes up for sale in a £1 fire-sale, like the Indy did, I'm going to consider a purchase.  There'd only be one edition under my proprietorship though, and the headline will be fairly near to a steal from Spike Milligan's tombstone.  ;)

Yep I read many papers.

Old school I guess.

Yesterday's Guardian included an article on what Robson Green believes to be his family values. His uncle has different political views to him but he still respects him and remembers many family political arguments.

Maybe worth remembering on this site.

Yeah, me too - well read them online anyways, got a thirst from news when I was a lad (that makes me sound well old) doing my paper rounds. I do find that the guardian is riddled with propaganda though. I once created an account on there just so I could announce my disgust at the tripe they were publishing, I gave up hope so didn't bother on there anymore though.

Mind you I find much of what the 'news' the media prints needs us to do our own research to find the truth of the article, and the rest isn't true 'news' at all.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now