DAILY MAIL COMMENT: Who WILL speak for England?

Spuggy

DAILY MAIL COMMENT: Who WILL speak for England?

By Daily Mail Comment

Published: 00:24 GMT, 4 February 2016 | Updated: 08:04 GMT, 4 February 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3430870/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-speak-England.html

Cameron wants a better deal!!!

I speak for myself and boast that I have a far better chance of winning the next grand national, sitting backward, riding side saddle on the old clothes horse we used to dry our clothes on in front of a NCB coal fire. Or riding a pit cuddy even.

Had I the talent that “Symptoms” has.

I would have pasted (Construed) an image of myself, riding both the old horse and the pit cuddy.

Alas, and still full of pride of who I am and where I came from, Bedlington.

‘Spuggy’ is the son of a pit yakka.

I’ve Skylarked through and around the Bedlington.co.uk and have enjoyed some of the written contributions on the site.

Freedom of speech is a right to be practiced by all and that is a clear and unequivocal statement.

My vision though, as seen through the "Oculus" of a Northern Goshawk has in time aged.

I also say it would be a serious and very big mistake with consequences not conceivable in the average imagination to leave the EU.

The EU like so many other things… It is in dire need of repair, no ‘Jim will fix it’!

Democracy is the best starting block to use and to achieve… Without Caveats?

Also a date & place to think about:

Bavarian cellar bar “Hofbräuhaus München” Am 24. Februar 1920

On 19 September 1946, Winston Churchill, British Conservative leader, the man who was brought back to save the bacon in ‘England’s - Britain’s’ gravest hour of need, despite his crapping up in Gallipoli &c. He gave an address at the University of Zurich in which he identified Franco-German reconciliation and the establishment of a European organization as conditions for peace and liberty throughout the continent.

Churchill said, ‘We must build a kind of United States of Europe.. The structure of the United States of Europe, if well and truly built, will be such as to make the material strength of a single state less important.. If at first all the States of Europe are not willing or able to join the Union, we must nevertheless proceed to assemble and combine those who will and those who can.’

In May 1948 Churchill said in the opening speech to the Congress of Europe in Holland, that the drive towards a United Europe, ’should be a movement of the people, not parties’.

‘We cannot aim at anything less than the Union of Europe as a whole, and we look forward with confidence to the day when that Union will be achieved.’

And Churchill went much further than the idea of the immediate and urgent creation of a United States of Europe.  Looking boldly to the future he stated, ‘We must endeavour by patience and faithful service to prepare for the day when there will be an effective world government resting on the main groupings of mankind.’

“Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.”

Is it not time to endorse what he said, or are we too stupid (Delusioned)!

(Use of the noun ‘delusion’ really jolted & rattled my brain cells while reading the contribution by pilgrim regarding

“Moderator Approvall?” started by Keith Lockey.

Thanks pilgrim, for the reminder of who we are… Don’t turn your back and walk away…

Stand up and be counted… Get back out and begin to play.

By the way pilgrim, try 'Braille' and feel the power of writing.

There’s so much to do, sooooooo much to be done…

How man, Ye knaa what ah mean leik!

Who WILL speak for England.doc

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now