Going places, meeting people

Never been but April, according to the 'On-Line' world does appear to be the best time to visit :-

What season is it right now in Peru?
Peru Seasons & Climate. The peak season for travel in Peru is between April and October. Although these months are winter south of the equator, it is locally considered summer in the Andes of Peru because it is the dry, sunny season, and the best time of year for travel and trekking.
BUT
The summer (December – March) is the wettest season, with frequent heavy showers. The temperatures are higher than in summer, but the nights can get very cold. In Apriland October the weather can be unpredictable with varying conditions much like the UK.
AND
From November to March is the rainy season in Machu Picchu, while between April to November is the dry shiny season. The rain months take approximately the 80% of the annual volume of rains (1.600 – 2.300 mm). ... However, Machu Picchu has part of the Amazon jungle, and the rains are present in all the seasons. (I'm singing, and dancing, in the rain, forest.)

12 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Thanks Eggy. There's so much info on the web - much of it conflicting - that it's hard to know what's what. I'm hoping to find somebody with 'real-life experience to have a natter with before I fork out a lot of money.

CL - I put a link on me post but can't see it now! The link was :- http://travelingcanucks.com/2010/10/peru-attractions-other-than-machu-picchu-incan-city/

• Like 2

CL, my daughter spent 3 months in Peru about 5 years ago (as part of her 2 year "Gap Year"). She lived with a Perusian family learning Spanish for some of the time before going on to Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca etc. If you'd like to make contact, then let me know and I can let you have her e-mail details etc. She's currently working in Bedford, about to re-locate to Winchester but taking another 8 weeks break to travel to Japan / Bali / Thailand / Cambodia in June. She's a bit of a wanderer.

• 11 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:06, Ovalteeny said:

CL, my daughter spent 3 months in Peru about 5 years ago (as part of her 2 year "Gap Year"). She lived with a Perusian family learning Spanish for some of the time before going on to Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca etc. If you'd like to make contact, then let me know and I can let you have her e-mail details etc. She's currently working in Bedford, about to re-locate to Winchester but taking another 8 weeks break to travel to Japan / Bali / Thailand / Cambodia in June. She's a bit of a wanderer.

we sent the child to Laos and Cambodia over the summer and she loved it - although we sent her to Uganda last summer and she loved that too!

35 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

what an awkward woman!!!

Yet another of my endearing qualities! I'm pedantic as well, apparently!

36 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

staying over in wales 

We all have our cross to bear. Just a pity yours is made of lead.

37 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

perhaps another time?. 

Certainly! Always nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Sadly, we didn't get to Peru last April as hubby was locked in a lead-lined room radiating becquerels and probably glowing in the dark. I can't say for sure as visiting wasn't allowed. However, all being well, it's on the cards for this autumn or next spring.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now