Just Wondering.

After a recent request by myself  to the West Bedlington Town Council to have a footpath installed in a known dangerous location, I was told that  NCC were to be  contacted and requested to survey the situation.  At the most recent WBTC meeting it was stated that NCC had been on site and quoted their price to undertake the work.  In the meantime contractors working for NCC have installed a new lamp post to replace the existing corroded post. For "ease"  the new post has been installed half a metre forward, thus blocking any footpath that may be built now or in the future. I'm Just Wondering  if the footpath is going to be built,  does anyone care about the money that is being wasted to relocate the post due to lack of communications at County Hall ?  Past experience tells me, don't bother contacting them, your wasting your time. I've tried previously to place my comments in the News Post Leader only for the newspaper to edit my correspondence  in favour of NCC. I know there are representatives of the County Council visiting this website regularly, would any one of you like to comment?         

Capturevbn.JPG

• Like 1

Foxy - is there an existing path?  If there is and it's in a poor state of repair (dangerous/trip hazard) then WRITE to the Council Dept responsible (Highways & Byways perhaps) but make sure you copy the letter to the Council's Legal Dept (or the Council Solicitor) pointing out the hazard and alerting them to possible litigation if somebody gets hurt.  They DO have a problem of negligence, if after being alerted to the problem, they do nothing.  Amazing how this type of alert focuses the 'official' mindset.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now