Posturing Cameron the Immigrant Deporter

threegee

ADAMS20160119_3552436b.jpg

I'm tempted to offer £10 for every immigrant which EUCam deports because their English isn't good enough. He knows he'll be gone by the time any case would even need to be considered.  And, you can be damn sure the European courts will have the last say on this; any such deportation will be ruled against human rights, and leave us clutching huge legal bills for our trouble.

Meanwhile the extra £20M of taxpayer's money he's throwing at the problem is just another instance of the squandering of our national resources by main stream politicos.  It's further proof that the claim of unselective immigration being cash positive for our economy is an outright lie.

Australia demonstrably has this about right, and we should learn from our Australian cousins and their century of experience.  The fools who control the undemocratic EU will never learn from anyone, and are once again destined to learn the hard way!

• Like 1

Quick, start a "Corbyn's Cat Must Stay (deport Corbyn instead)"  petition on gov.uk!  I can easily code a bot which will produce the necessary number of up votes to force a HoC debate, and I doubt that this would even be illegal under the present rules. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maggie/915 said:

Learning a language could mean a lot of people returning to UK.

You are venturing into Nick Clegg la-la land there Maggie.  What he always failed to mention is that 95% of Brits moving to the EU are retirees that are past the end of their working life.  Rather than take local jobs they create them.  Rather than shipping money out of the area, they move their retirement funds and pensions in.  They pay local and national taxes on that retirement income to boost their host country.

They take residency but retain their British nationality, and the entire point of them moving abroad is that they mix with the culture they chose to adopt.  They don't generally leech on the health services in those countries because the NHS still pays (another plus for the hosts), or they have private health insurance.  And, if their numbers were ever to get to the stage where they were in any way threatening the local culture, they simply wouldn't want to go there.  Oh, and they generally don't want to bring their entire large family, and other relatives too, or indeed out-breed the local populace.  Because of all this they are almost always universally welcome.  And, yes, most of them do their best to speak the local lingo, whilst providing the locals with a valuable and valued opportunity to practice real English.

In short: it's not a two-way street.  Brits generally give a lot more than they take!

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 13:11, Malcolm Robinson said:

Dangerous position deporting people because of their language skills.........look around here and listen to the banter in the pubs and clubs....English??  certainly not to some!  

Seems like Cameron has his Eye on the Geordies!

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/19/newcastle-population-facing-deportation-after-failing-to-learn-english/

Save Corbyns cat! Seriously, I agree with Malcolm; I have good mates around here that I can't understand...

Oh, and to be fair, cat language is universal; Meeow is the same in any language, it just means "servant, give me food, now"

On 19/01/2016 at 12:56, threegee said:

Quick, start a "Corbyn's Cat Must Stay (deport Corbyn instead)"  petition on gov.uk!  I can easily code a bot which will produce the necessary number of up votes to force a HoC debate, and I doubt that this would even be illegal under the present rules. ;)

The moggy is safe, Immigration judges would probably rule that sending him back home would breach his human rights by interfering with his family life.<_<

Or am I just having an episode of déjà vu :D

Edited by moe19

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now