Is Noel Edmonds right?

threegee

It's a brave man that ventures into Faragian territory and dares to even suggest that immigration is working against the interests of ordinary Brits.  Double brave when it's a celeb, and triple brave when that celeb depends on the largesse of the Biased Broadcasting Corporation to keep him in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

But, Noel Edmonds has done it; perhaps not with the Faragian certitude, and by way of question rather than assertion.  He needn't have bothered with fine phrasing: the PC police have already descended on his thought processes, and he must be made to suffer!

TV star Noel Edmonds sparks migration row: Am I alone in feeling Britain is FULL, he asks

My two penneth is to say no Mr Edmonds you are not alone, and you KNOW you are not alone. Patient, long-suffering, ordinary Brits have had enough of the social engineering thrust on them by both our traitorous liberal elites, and international corporations working hand in glove. We'd like our country back - PLEASE!

• Like 2

Bizarre in the extreme. I must say it's inventive to be stuck in a traffic  jam and suddenly realise it is caused by immigration. I guess the extra 15milion cars (not to mention other vehicles) that have populated the same roads we were using in 1980 are all driven by immigrants. Or, perhaps the very modern trend for two car families - pretty much unheard of until the past couple of decades - is part of the problem. Mr Edmonds wasn't being brave: misguided, yes. Being stuck in traffic is not significant of the country being "full" and nor is it to do with immigration. Quite simply, there are more vehicles on the roads than ever before - everywhere in the world. The original post, with respect, clutches desperately at straws, takes 2 & 2 and makes 5, and many other cliches along the way.

• Like 1

Good Points Mercuryg! Myself, I wondered about the impact on Britain's roads of all those people who, like Mr. Edmonds, are "fortunate to have more than one home" but return to visit family at Christmas or return to live in their 'second' home during the summer months when their host country gets too hot. Ironically, that second home is standing empty for up to ten months a year when it could house a family, or be pulled down to create building space, thereby alleviating some of the 'fullness' they complain about. 

However, you don't need to own two homes to add to the congestion on Britain's roads. You can equally well be just a UK emigrant - that's to say, an immigrant in some other patriots country - a bit like myself and a few others on this forum, together with millions of others dotted around the World.

For this Group of immigrants, seeing family usually involves the use of a hire car (Mr. Edmonds has no doubt a second car standing in the second garage of his second home) and I must admit to having driven from Heathrow to Bristol, thereby adding to the congestion, on numerous occasions. Perhaps it was Little old me who held up Mr. Edmonds! A personal apology will be winging its way to him within the hour. 

I try to avoid my opinions on the basis that if the correct facts are there as a basis for a debate/argument then the rest is just personal preference, whether based on experience or how the strings of the heart are pulled. However in this case I have to say something. That something is - why would we discuss any comment by a man who had a TV show with Mr Blobby and then a show based on highly volatile empty boxes that result in people, already housed in this country, whooping; clapping; praising the lord etc. etc when the box lid is revealed. I suggest Mr Edmonds and all contestants; audiences and highly trained box lid openers  swap places with immigrants wanting to live in England.

ps. - underlining works Canny Lass.  

• Like 1

All good points, Canny Lass and Eggy; I think Mr Edmonds displays a degree of naivety with regard to the country he lives in and its transport systems. Here's a thing: when I was a kid I walked to school - hundreds of us did, a mile, a couple of miles, in all weathers - because Dad had gone to work and Mum didn't have a car. If we wanted, there was a bus, but that was boring, walking was more fun. These days, the road outside every school is crammed with cars every morning, so there's some of your extra traffic. Second point: I'm lucky enough to work from home (although a lot of hard work took place to allow me that privelige) and it is clear to me that, in the 21st century, a lot of miles are covered by commuters that are not necessary. How many office-based jobs could be done from home? After all, it's fair to say the majority of homes occupied by those of working age are hoolked up to broadband and have at least one home computer. An example - my brother in law just started a job as IT Manager for a chain of hotels/hostels; they don't have an actual office, he works largely from home when not on site. Many other organisations will see the benefit in terms of this very soon, and telecommuting will become far more popular. A further point that baffles me: why does everyone drive to work at the same time? Surely staggered start/finish times would serve to reduce congestion? I'd suggest all the above are more sensible points than simply raising one's hands, Blobby style, and declaring the country to be full.....

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now