If only ...

webtrekker

Clicked on your link webtrekker and just as I was connected to the 'activistp' web site my 'Malwarebytes' - reported 'Malicious website blocked'.

post-3031-0-84114700-1450385864_thumb.jp

Apart from this site I was connected to Facebook site 'WordsWithFriends' so I have to suspect the 'activistp' site.

I closed down the 'actvistp' link. I can't rove the malware came from this site.

Malware tips for the removal of Interyield pop-up can be found at this site :-

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/interyield-virus-removal/

It caused no problems on my pc though.

It was just an article from the Activist Post site with the following title...

Article Claims Elite Plan To Escape To Mars, Leave 99% Of Us On "Dying, Warring Planetâ€

Same here, followed the link, no alarm bell eveything was fine

Sorry Eggy. It caused no problems on my pc though.

It was just an article from the Activist Post site with the following title...

Article Claims Elite Plan To Escape To Mars, Leave 99% Of Us On "Dying, Warring Planetâ€

Same here, followed the link, no alarm bell eveything was fine

Just selected the link again and my  'Malwarebytes' - reported 'Malicious website blocked' - again so I am assuming it is malware on that site.

Did a search on Google for 'interyield.td.553' and there are a few links to malware removal procedures to remove this PUP (potentially unwanted program) or PUA

(potentially unwanted application) from your system eg :- 

Re: What is https://www.tr553.com/InterYield/?

‎01-16-2015 02:06 PM

Hi robhkerr

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From my checks on this you are reporting is one of a 'family' of what we in the Community refer to as a PUA or Potentially Unwanted Application.

These are very annoying at best in that they cause pop-us, redirect your browser home page, and other behaviour that may slow down the computer and direct ads your way, but they are not actually doing anything bad like damaging files or stealing information..............................................

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now