Snow

Or was it just a good drop of the old ale. Slightley off topic but I remember many, many years ago, one new years day seeing men dressed in black clokes and pointed black hats with daggers in thier hand. even when I closed my eyes they were still there and they kept comming at me. I was glad when I woke up the next morning and they had gone.

interesting that - the custodians of our fiscal probity sent me a letter a Cpl of years ago asking for - nay, demanding several thousand pounds... this was relating to a very short term contract I did abroad (12 weeks) where our gov ( gawd bless em) and the other gov concerned agreed that any tax would be paid by the contracting gov. (this was as a result of the much vaunted new system which could go back up to 10 yrs  - wow - even at my age I can recall more than that) I rang those so empowered to make these demands and asked - what ??? -- they clicked buttons and said -er - oh - er oh yes - er oh- thast a bit unusual  -- er just ignore anything we sent you...

In the meantime I am having endless fun with the DWP regarding my mother  - they have sent me 3 demands for money  - £73 - £2350 - and £1750 all within a few weeks - considering she is 87 - had a heart op and then a stroke and has been in a residential home since May 2014 I am somewhat bemused as her only source of income is her state pension (ENTITLEMENT)  They have sent a deluge of letters but noe actually say anything -- they have a return address in Belfast - a contact number in Wolverhampton who actually can not access the files and are as much use as - chocolate fireguard/ashtray on motorbike -- fill in the gaps and yet her claim is dealt with by Seaham office -- I could drive there quicker than get an answer on the 'hotline' I suppose that at may age I should relish a challenge but I want a challenge not playing splat the rat in ineffectual gov departments

Anyways I think that since we have digressed we should get back on track -- snow was the start of the thread but that's transient - drink is transient (although the bad head seems to last forever ) so maybe we should go along with bizarre drink induced events brought on by the festive season.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now