Parliamentary Debate

Maggie/915

Today right now the debate is fascinating.

Regardless of what side your on , this debate is history in the making..

Who knows what the result will be?

War war or jaw jaw.

I should be doing thousands of other things but cannot watch or do anything else.

Spot on Maggs ... but, I can't get beyond the sight of so many smug, self-satisfied, pompous shysters pretending to care - and that's just the 'evil' Tory bast*rds.  What's awful is the sight of Camerooooony in full faux Churchill mode ... I'm sure he pictures himself during his wet dreams spouting off against the Nazzzi hordes and demanding rearmament whilst standing alongside the great man.  Oh, and he can't resist picturing Jezza as some sort of appeaser like the paper waving Chamberlain.  What'll be critical in the Lobby will be the number of Labour shysters who are running scared of their local party members (reselection). 

There's a valid POLITICAL purpose in going to war in Syria ... staying in the 'big boys club' and having some, influence  and being seen to back your allies.  There is no real MILITARY advantage to be gained by vapourising the sh*t out of local goat herders ... mark my words, we'll be hearing about more wedding parties, more hospitals, more kiddies being blasted to bits and seeing the unedifying sight of our great wartime leader saying these "raids were intelligence led" but "in war these things are unavoidable".

The UK are sending 8 aircraft to bomb Syria.

Whaaaaat!!! The WHOLE EIGHT! How the hell are we going to defend our own country from the Terrorist backlash now?

Oh, silly me. I forgot about the spotty gamers flying the drones. Maybe we'll see some of these over good old Blighty now.

Mind you, with half a country full of Terrorist Sympathisers, they'll have a job knowing who to vaporise first!

weby wrote: "Whaaaaat!!! The WHOLE EIGHT! How the hell are we going to defend our own country from the Terrorist backlash now?"

So, ALL of Sismercs Few have abandoned us to suffer at the hands of Ivan's Bears never mind the Terror Boys!  "Scramble, scramble, scramble ... oh, we've nowt left but a Gypsy Moth."

Edited by Symptoms

i thought hilary benn was magic - being somewhat to the right all my life -- i would vote for that man - the body language of corbyn and watson said it all and at the end wouldnt even let hin sit down.

i can see another party coming out of this -- 'militant' are back ho hum -- but a labour based party that represents the wish of the people actually seems to be a possibility-- now that was something i never thought i would ever say!!!! charismatic but actually addressing the issues - and when he went to sit down ???

I agree pilgrim Hilary Benn gave a good account of himself.

The whole debate was a good example of democracy at work.

I think we have Corbyn to thank for a debate that allowed such diverse opinions.

People spoke ,often , regardless of their party allegiance .

The vote everyone has to accept.

Unlike ISIS whose basic principle is vote /agree with me or we will kill you.

There is a book called 'All Alone in Berlin' written by Hans Fallada : In the book one way of revolting against a totalitarian regime is to write postcards with anti establishment messages.

These messages are then left around Berlin.

It is interesting how they are received .

The Stassi (like Isis ) controlled everyone .

Interesting to think what we all would do if we lived under a regime with total control.

Hopefully we never have to learn.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now