Bank Top Woods

i a can remember the devil worshippers it was mad ashley prescott and franky! they painted a five pointed star on top of the iron forge. freaks :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember that - I was at High School when that was going on. Had been rumours of chickens being sacrificed at Atlee Park and the bandstand being covered in blood. Me and some of the lads headed down for a look one dinner-time, and found the 5 pointed star. Cue one lad (John Secombe) disappearing begind a bush and then run out shouting 'Mad Frankie's Coming !" - cue all of us absolutely legging it. Of course Secombe was just pulling our leg, but still ! :o:lol:

Seem to remember the devil worshipping sory also making the front page of the Leader/Herald at the time !

I remember that - I was at High School when that was going on. Had been rumours of chickens being sacrificed at Atlee Park and the bandstand being covered in blood. Me and some of the lads headed down for a look one dinner-time, and found the 5 pointed star. Cue one lad (John Secombe) disappearing begind a bush and then run out shouting 'Mad Frankie's Coming !" - cue all of us absolutely legging it. Of course Secombe was just pulling our leg, but still ! :o:lol:

Seem to remember the devil worshipping sory also making the front page of the Leader/Herald at the time !

Does anybody remember Gilly the Ghost, early to mid Fifties?

I remeber the term Gilly the ghost, in the early 60`s, but racking my brains trying to remeber exactly what it was Also the mad monk

Gilly was probably in Morpeth by the sixties, he was around during the fifties till they caught him. he sometimes sat on the fence at the Banktop

• 2 months later...
i a can remember the devil worshippers it was mad ashley prescott and franky! they painted a five pointed star on top of the iron forge. freaks :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember when those nobs painted all over the school with pentagrams and other rubbish , slagging off the RE teacher cannot remember his name, the teachers were running about trying to scrub off all the swear words ... funny , but not very frightening, later on one of my mates knew where one lived , so on a "geography project" we went round to ask her some questions , and had too leg it from flying ninja stars ! :ph34r: .

I remember when those nobs painted all over the school with pentagrams and other rubbish , slagging off the RE teacher cannot remember his name, the teachers were running about trying to scrub off all the swear words ... funny , but not very frightening, later on one of my mates knew where one lived , so on a "geography project" we went round to ask her some questions , and had too leg it from flying ninja stars ! :ph34r: .

ninja stars? what when was mad ashley a ninja? :lol:

• 7 years later...

that would be an ecumenical matter! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

......said old Jack to the high priest........as Ted and Duncan looked on in horror!!

I think you would need more than garlic doon there............!

I think this relates to the time the devil come to bedlington, looking for a fish

.......................but he didn't get any....!!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now