Petition to Call a Temporary Halt to All Immigration

threegee

On 2016-04-18 at 10:09, threegee said:

And then there was the question of how to recognise a male muslim soley from his appearance. You appear to have missed/avoided it.

I'm not interested in what a "male muslim" looks like.  I'm only interested in what a medieval belief set that has no place in the modern world is attempting to impose on my country.  I'd feel the same about it if it was little green men from Mars.

You were certainly interested in the appearance of a male Muslim on December 20th 2015, 12.30am, topic: Sunni side of the street. Indeed you thought that I should be quaking in my boots on seeing one thus inferring that they were instantly recognisable.

Have you ever considered a career in politics? Your talent for avoiding answering simple questions is second to none. It certainly puts the efforts of Cameron, Farage, Mileband in the shade.

I fear that my answers are too straight for you.  All you can manage is ad-hominem attacks on sources, quoting words that haven't been used, and syntactic/semantic devices.  This is likely how Swedes have been browbeaten by their elites into the total forfeiture of their country.  The more I research Sweden the more desperate it looks.  http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6736/sweden-mass-murderers  Idyllic country to hell-hole in one PC generation; you'll find the Sicilians a far harder target!

You fear my answers are too straight for me. Which answers? I haven't had any!

I don't recall making any ad-hominem attacks on any person or thing. I try to be objective in all my remarks. I make statements, sometimes provacative, but I try, especially when challenged, to support those statements with information from credit-worthy sources - experts if you like, the type of opinion that would be acceptable in a British court of law. I find that it usually makes for a good debate. I understand that you may feel threatened by this and in that case I'm truly sorry. Perhaps you could quote me on some of my ad hominem attacks so that we can discuss them? That offer is open to anyone who may feel they have been attacked in personal or subjective manner by me.

• Like 2

This is likely how Swedes have been browbeaten by their elites into the total forfeiture of their country.  The more I research Sweden the more desperate it looks.  http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6736/sweden-mass-murderers  Idyllic country to hell-hole in one PC generation; you'll find the Sicilians a far harder target!

I wouldn,t know, 3g. I've only lived here 30 years. That doesn't make me an expert.

I found the Sicilian people charming. I also, based on the couple of dozen or so with whom I had any in-depth conversation, found them to be extremely tolerant and respectful of others. They seem to be very proud of this tolerance and respect - pointing out that it's a long tradition dating back to Sicily's time as an Arab (Muslim) country. I asked a waiter in a restaurant if they minded that a clearly north African male came in to beg for money among their customers. His answer: "Why should I do that? He's only trying to make a living - same as I am." We could learn a lot from the Sicilians.

I didn't read this link either. If you'd like to know why then I suggest you google 'Gatestone Institute'.

Edited by Canny lass
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 21:18, Canny lass said:

I found the Sicilian people charming. I also, based on the couple of dozen or so with whom I had any in-depth conversation, found them to be extremely tolerant and respectful of others. They seem to be very proud of this tolerance and respect - pointing out that it's a long tradition dating back to Sicily's time as an Arab (Muslim) country. I asked a waiter in a restaurant if they minded that a clearly north African male came in to beg for money among their customers. His answer: "Why should I do that? He's only trying to make a living - same as I am." We could learn a lot from the Sicilians

LOL do the math and multiply 30 Euros per day (Merkel money) by at least 40,000.  Yes, at least 1.2 Million Euros per day is exactly how much Sicilians love illegal immigrants!  The real joke is on the UK though for generously helping to fund the whole charade and provide a further draw-factor to Europe, and ultimately to the UK where the streets really are paved with gold.  Whilst you are are in Sicily please do enquire about the unemployment rate; the prospects of a local youngster (without "connections") getting a real job, and where the immigrants (sorry, refugees) are headed.

Your denial of ad-hominem attacks might have had some credibility if - within a few short lines - you hadn't gone on to do exactly that on Gatestone.

But, but, but - I took you advice and Googled on your keywords anyway, and wow, there are a lot of influential Jewish people involved in Gatestone (Nobel Prizes are mentioned). But (not being anti-Semitic like our very own Labour Party now is) I'm prepared to listen to what they have to say, and it seems like what they say makes a good deal of sense.  Although I'm more interested in what people actually DO than what they say.  It seems there are substantial numbers of Jewish people leaving the UK now - a country which has given them sanctuary for hundreds of years.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11393427/Were-leaving-Britain-Jews-arent-safe-here-any-more.html  Go figure on why that would be, or is that a cue for an ad-hominem attack on the Torygraph?

On 2016-04-23 at 23:55, threegee said:

LOL do the math and multiply 30 Euros per day (Merkel money) by at least 40,000.  Yes, at least 1.2 Million Euros per day is exactly how much Sicilians love illegal immigrants!  The real joke is on the UK though for generously helping to fund the whole charade and provide a further draw-factor to Europe, and ultimately to the UK where the streets really are paved with gold.  Whilst you are are in Sicily please do enquire about the unemployment rate; the prospects of a local youngster (without "connections") getting a real job, and where the immigrants (sorry, refugees) are headed.

You've lost me there, I'm afraid. I don't know what any of this has to do with my finding the Sicilian people charming. I did in fact ask about unemployment while I was in Sicily. It would appear to be roughly the same as most other places in Europe - if I'm to believe the few people I talked to. They weren't too happy to talk about the 'connections' bit though. Pity! I would have liked to hear more about it. Immigrants and refugees are not always one and the same thing. You can be an immigrant - like yourself and myself - without being a refugee.

On 2016-04-23 at 23:55, threegee said:

Your denial of ad-hominem attacks might have had some credibility if - within a few short lines - you hadn't gone on to do exactly that on Gatestone.

"I didn't read this link either. If you'd like to know why then I suggest you google 'Gatestone Institute'."

Ad-hominem? 

If you consider this to be an 'ad-hominem' attack then you are clearly feeling more threatened than I thought. 

What's the "Torygraph"?

• 4 months later...

ooo ad hominem -- not heard that for a while - it brought back memories of oxford and camels in tents (no that wasn't an initiation thing!)

canny lass you need to read Private Eye'

excellent cartoon in todays edition of the thought police tackling a woman for wearing a burkini until she explains she is a Carmelite nun! .... ahem - attitudes and press agitation come to mind - after all the nuns have been garbed like that since the days of Cadfael and no-one objected.

<-- haven't got a nobbly prize either but a few mates are FRS lol which I think is one below. (he did ok with that dynamite invention!!!)

I used to have long hair and long beard and I was asked by a quite concerned Muslim if it was for religious reasons as he was worried I was some sort of radical.

knowing some of the Muslim community for many years they have been worried for a long time about the disenfranchisement of their children. 

I recall going to a party in a shebeen in  Deptford with a Rasta  friend, many years ago, and I was a bit concerned as I would be the only 'white face' there. he said "It's ok, they hate everybody" 

time we accepted the fact we all share the same basic DNA strands and get on with life, after all whats a bit of melanin atween friends?? there are much more nasty and dangerous human traits than colour or background!

I was told in Belfast in the 80's that hate -is not a basic human instinct and it has to be taught. maybe a lesson for us all.

(er sorry that was a rambling rant - ill take the medication now)

Edited by pilgrim
re think
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, pilgrim said:

excellent cartoon in todays edition of the thought police tackling a woman for wearing a burkini until she explains she is a Carmelite nun! .... ahem - attitudes and press agitation come to mind - after all the nuns have been garbed like that since the days of Cadfael and no-one objected.

Funny you should mention that. When I was in Sicily earlier this year I saw a group of nuns splahing about in the sea, fully clothed. They appeared to be having the time of their life, laughing and shrieking like children.

time we accepted the fact we all share the same basic DNA strands and get on with life,

... and we all share the same world which is even more important.

I used to have long hair and long beard

... used to? Now you've just spoiled my picture of you!

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now