NCC

We have a new highly paid chief executive who is paid more than the prime minister.

He comes from an internal NCC financial background.

I hope he can be impartial and draw all parties together

Arch and NCC seem to be spending like there is no tomorrow.

I hope this is not on a live now pay later basis and going to leave the generations to come with huge dept.

It has been suggested that Bedlington may have to accept compromise .

Hopefully this is not ,because all money has been spent.

Whatever the case we can expect people to form their own opinions on the Why's and Wherefore's

We all have interests and family that are outside The Shire boundaries.

There are lots of people watching, listening and reading.

Please let us hope Bedlington becomes a centre for everyone.

Action may ,in some eyes , be unnecessary and seem to have not helped our community.

There may be no money tree at the bottom of the high street !

The noisiest voices may not include the whole of Bedlington but as the Beatles sang

We have to believe it's getting better or it couldn't get much worse.

Coun Alyson Wallace says in this weeks News Post Leader

'It's a new beginning'

'let's start the consultation as we mean to go on in October - with open minds, new ideas and a realisation that we all want the best for our town'

This letter is worth reading .

Two very conflicting reports published on the same day in the local press. One County Councillor saying we can't pretend there is a money tree at the bottom of the high street and that they as councillors are as passionate as others about the town. In another report regarding a neighbouring town the public are being invited to view the £74 million investment plans of NCC. It would appear that there is a money tree at the bottom of some high street albeit not Bedlington or perhaps could it be some councillors are more passionate than others? The report from the News Post Leader also states there has been  "too much unnecessary action so far which has not helped our community" I can only assume this refers to the Make a Noise for Bedlington campaign, a group that would not exist had the Councillors done what they were elected for, representing the people of Bedlington rather than trying to defend the misdeeds of NCC.  

post-2205-0-69837900-1440923737_thumb.jp

post-2205-0-20014300-1440923810_thumb.jp

• Like 1

There is also news about Blyth Foxy.

Huge investment at Poundstretchers I think that may be the old Coop building.

That's in Ronnie Campbell's Window on Westminster column page 14 NPL last week.

The figures of investment and pay back in rent are interesting to calculate.

Some people claim there is a wealth of mis information without explaining where error lies.

This article claims the progress is labour lead and Arch will invest £1.476m

Then The Heritage Initiative is mentioned , surely that means funding from that group.

Not exactly clear.

My fear for Bedlington is that the powers that be leave a note saying 'No Money Left'

Then our kids and grandchildren end up paying forever.

There is also news about Blyth Foxy.

Huge investment at Poundstretchers I think that may be the old Coop building.

That's in Ronnie Campbell's Window on Westminster column page 14 NPL last week.

The figures of investment and pay back in rent are interesting to calculate.

Some people claim there is a wealth of mis information without explaining where error lies.

This article claims the progress is labour lead and Arch will invest £1.476m

Then The Heritage Initiative is mentioned , surely that means funding from that group.

Not exactly clear.

My fear for Bedlington is that the powers that be leave a note saying 'No Money Left'

Then our kids and grandchildren end up paying forever.

Not to mention the new hotel on the Commisioner Quay, again funded by Arch.

""too much unnecessary action so far which has not helped our community"

What an utterly disgraceful and misguided comment, especially from someone in a position of authority. In my 20 plus years of residence in and around the town I have never seen anything that HAS helped the community - and has inspired - as much as the MAN4Bedlington campaign; does the councillor pay attention to the constituents? Clearly not, which begs the question as to why she is in the job? I get the impression - and have done for some time - that the reason she, and others, are so steadfastly opposed to MAN4Bed is simply because it wasn't their idea, it was created by an everyday resident with concerns and grew thanks to teh like-minded thoughts of others. I really thought that this lady may have learned from the mistakes of the former mayor's infamous letter to the press....

• Like 1

I get the impression - and have done for some time - that the reason she, and others, are so steadfastly opposed to MAN4Bed is simply because it wasn't their idea, 

The Town Fair  which  attracted between 7-10 thousand people got no mention in the press, could this be for the same reason? They're quick to jump on the Bandwagon with front page news when an announcement is being made about the new Lidl Store.

• Like 1

The Town Fair  which  attracted between 7-10 thousand people got no mention in the press, could this be for the same reason? They're quick to jump on the Bandwagon with front page news when an announcement is being made about the new Lidl Store.

I have absolutely no doubt you are correct, Foxy. I am simply astonished at the lack of respect these people have for the hard work being carried out by others to highlight the plight of the town. How, in any way, shape or form, has the action taken by MAN4 been unnecessary? It was entirely apt and needed, as nobody else was actively doing anything (excepting Malcolm and his good people at WBTC, of course). Mrs Wallace needs to actually relate to the people, as others are doing. The Town Fair was a brilliant success, by the way, and well done to all who made it happen.

• Like 1

My fear is that people are being bullied into keeping quiet.

Do as I say not as I do.

While complaining about misinformation and negativity the real issues are forgotten .

Basically a smokescreen to hide behind.

The letter is alarming while seeming to be positive .No money tree at the bottom of the High Street seems to suggest there will not be much delivered by our leaders at the NCC.

October when we are to receive 'Good News' may be too late.

Bedlington for houses and extra council tax.

A high street of houses when the Council Offices are knocked down.

I wonder how many houses they could deliver for us on the Tesco site.

Shopping out of town next to Morrisons with no transport for the elderly.

No pull off for the buses so none can stop.

Library converted to retail unit Pharmacy!

Surely they will listen to reason and not bully everyone.

We all learn from history but that history can and is often negative and horrible .

Horrible History in Bedlington a lesson to learn.

Leaders can become delusional and need our help!

""too much unnecessary action so far which has not helped our community"

What an utterly disgraceful and misguided comment, especially from someone in a position of authority. In my 20 plus years of residence in and around the town I have never seen anything that HAS helped the community - and has inspired - as much as the MAN4Bedlington campaign; does the councillor pay attention to the constituents? Clearly not, which begs the question as to why she is in the job? I get the impression - and have done for some time - that the reason she, and others, are so steadfastly opposed to MAN4Bed is simply because it wasn't their idea, it was created by an everyday resident with concerns and grew thanks to teh like-minded thoughts of others. I really thought that this lady may have learned from the mistakes of the former mayor's infamous letter to the press....

Couldn't agree more with this one,  I sincerely hope the people at Camp Bastion, and we all know who they are, read  this ! 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now