Green and Gold

I love the colour and style of those flower tubs etc.  Gives a nice 'country village' feel to the place. I hope they keep developing Bedlington along those lines. It really is Beautiful. Well done to whoever came up with the idea of including the railings in the scheme.

Malcolm, are the railings along the dual carriageway section to be done? Great idea, by the way, even a friend of mine who comes over for a pint from Gosforth mentioned how lovely it's looking from the Red Lion!

I originally joined this site to try and find out some information on what was happening with Tesco's and thought my best chance was a local forum. Needless to say a forum is only as good as the people who use it and I was happy to find that the users of this site are a well balanced knowledgable group who have the towns best interests at heart.

Everyone seems to share the same frustrations about Bedlington's issues but its wonderful to see that the towns strong points are highlighted. What may appear at first minor improvements like flower planting, railing paintings and new seats do improve the town and these have been rightly flagged up for praise.

Hopefully potential investment will arrive and everyone who has done their bit for the town should feel proud. There are parts of Bedlington that depending on where you stand are pretty and picturesque. ( I don't recommend facing Tesco's, the gap site or Elliotts garage.)

Edited by Musicmusik

The Guardian headlines yesterday are relevant to our town.

Ok under different issues.

'We have caught the public mood . This is about hope' Corbyn

Come on politicians the public mood is one of hope and a belief in Bedlington.

Forget what went wrong , help to make Bedlington a centre of excellence.

Firstly put us on the MAP.

You know you try and do your best and give people what you think they might appreciate and by and large they do but there are always some little scrots who try and spoil it for everyone. 

So we have this one with the paint scratched off one arm and another with David scratched into the arm.  I'd like a 'word' with David!  

post-23-0-21194000-1439280648_thumb.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now