The 'T' Word

I know that Tesco's are not flavour of the month in Bedlington but does anybody know what's happening with the properties that they own in the Market Place.

Back in May it was stated that "The agreement to purchase the properties is in principle and subject to both Tesco and Arch board approval in June and the sale is expected to be completed by the beginning of July."

Now unless my calendar reading skills are misguided, we are now in August and yet the Tesco property still has a for sale sign attached. Has the deal for Arch to purchase the land fallen apart? Hopefully not but its Bedlington so we can't rule anything out.

Make A Noise for Bedlingtonshire are consulting the public about what they would like to see happen on this & other sites in the town. We will have stands at the following events: Bedlington Terriers Dog Show (16th Aug), Bedlington Street Fayre (23rd Aug) & Brass Band Contest (5th Sept) where you can tell us your ideas / thoughts. We will then be passing these onto NCC so even if they don't consult they will be aware of the views of residents.

I wonder what is possible.

Creating a vibrant town centre will take money and good will.

What money is available?

What grants will be forthcoming?

What can be done with the current buildings?

Why did Tesco pull out and not go through with their plans?

There is so much land and so much to consider !

At the moment the car park is an asset for any lorry company travelling up and down the country.

Not many towns have a blank canvas !.

Developers should be queuing up,

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now