Crazy Times: The £1.25M Garden

threegee

We're talking about a substantial piece of land here then?

garden-grass_3383383b.jpg

Well... 45 feet seems to be substantial in London.  Got to be for development then?  Nope, no planning permission!

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11754827/London-garden-sells-for-1.2-million.html

Who drives these prices?  The grossly overpaid London-centric metropolitan elites do - because they know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

Couldn't agree more Arabs & Russians no Europeans

What's your solution Tony?  "Soak the rich"?

3G got no qualms of letting people from Europe coming here it does concern me letting people come here from further fields I live in Thamesmead the nickname for it is mini Lagos full of fraud,I could tell you lots of things what goes on here that you wouldn't believe

Symptoms might be able to help me out on this one.

Hi, I saw a documentary just a couple of weeks ago hilighting that foreign criminals were buying London property to "launder" their cash, driving up the prices beyond the reach of normal UK folk. 

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/25/london-housing-market-launder-offshore-tax-havens

Unrelated, I was working near Cambridge in the 1980s and got a lift one day from a professional driver who had just bought a new home at Peterborough (about 70 miles North of London) and was driving to work in London every day.

He explained that he just couldn't afford London property prices. It's not a new problem.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now