Andy Burnam for the next labour leader ?

Tonyp

... he was elected by his fellow brothers & sisters that's what the party has to go with.

I think he'd rather call them comrades Tony.

First climb-down already: party says he HAS to sing the national anthem!  But, did they specify which country's national anthem?  Anyway - small mercies - it can no longer be those filthy-capitalist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobic, warmongering, Russian's anthem.  Elton John might compose him a new one (one that only alludes to The Queen) if he talks sweetly, but he'll likely have to sack his brutish driver first! :D

Miss Abbott reportedly told Miss Phillips, "you're not the only feminist in the PLP" as the new Labour Leader stood by and watched the exchange without intervening.

A source close to Mr Corbyn revealed to the Times that there had been a 'brief fling' between the two politicians, which included a holiday together.

The couple reportedly went on a tour of East Germany together on a motorbike.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11870739/Jeremy-Corbyn-and-Diane-Abbott-were-lovers.html

You really couldn't make any of this up!  He's closely associated with one of the most two-faced b&*&(*s on the face of the Earth, and it looks like she's now making Labour policy!  It's truly Christmas every day from now on for duplicitous Dave!

• Like 1

Well the RED FLAG is certainly flying over labour again, with only the hammer and sickle missing however. I wondered how long it would be before Campbell & Lavery would expose the Communist brotherhood that has at last raised it's ugly head. In Campbell's 'Letter From Westminster', in this weeks News Post Leader, he begins with the words, "My Comrade Jeremy Corbyn". Then continues to espouse his wonderful political beliefs, ending austerity and taxing the rich etc. etc. I think the far lefties have now found their Messiah, even more compounded by Mr Lavery gladly accepting his post in the Shadow Cabinet, telling everyone how proud he is to serve under Red Jerry.

What I can't understand, is why anyone would put someone like him (Corbyn) in a position of power. Someone who wants to make this country completely defenceless. Bearing in mind the growing threat of terrorism we are going to be hit with in the near future. The world is now a very dangerous place, more dangerous than at any time since the 2nd World War. Just one or two of the personal goals that he has, make him a very dangerous person. I.E:...........................

1) Pull Britain out of NATO.

2) Abolish our Nuclear deterrent.

3) Destroy our military. (His words "why do we need an army").

4) Negotiate with Argentina over the Falkland Islands.

5) A totally open border allowing all immigrants into Britain. (And this in the knowledge that ISIS are already using this route as cover to get here).

These are just a few of his future goals, what more has he in his little black book that we haven't heard yet? For me, he is the most dangerous man in Britain.

• Like 1

Don't worry Willy, the Blairites will have him sorted well inside two years.  They're the career politicos, now by far the largest majority of the PLP, and the ones with all the keys to the kingdom.

Labour ->   Two parties, one slogan.

Tory      ->  One party, two slogans.

LD's      ->  Zero party, infinite slogans.

SNP      ->  We are the ONLY party, we call ALL the slogans, an' git ooot!

Green   ->  Infinite parties, and... just a minute 'til I've finished this joint, it helps me see things much more clearly.

What a wonderful sight.  All those New Labour losers attempting to stick it to Corbyn not realising the man is cloaked in the armour of the wider membership.  What have all his detractors got in common?  They all wear sharp suits, sport $100 dollar haircuts, and worst of all, wear cufflinks!  It was that vain Welsh windbag Kinnockkk who started the rot ... the first Labour leader to 'proudly' wear cufflinks, not just any old cufflinks but cufflinks habitually tugged-down to show below his jacket sleeves.  Thankfully, the bald git didn't have enought locks to sport the $100 dollar haircut but went for the 'poor man's' Scargill/Charlton comb over;  he would have looked less ridiculous topped by a cheapo rug.  This man took himself so seriously when all around him thought he was a pompous clown.  Then we've got all of warcrim Blairs old bag carriers (all cufflink wearers, like their Master) slagging Corbyn off from their cushy, well paid sinecures in the City and the weapons manufacturers boardrooms;  just like Kinnockkk but with more hair and better complexions.

Remember what Wise Old Sym wrote in post 2 above ... "Nah, never trust a man who wears cufflinks and sports a $100 dollar haircut. My vote goes to Jeremy Corbyn ... one of the last dinosaurs."

Well,my opinion isn't worth a chut,not being politically motivated,but,having worked with,and once paid,Ronnie Cambell,when I was a young pit Deputy,in the early 1970's,and knowing him to be gud union man,and a gud honest worker,I said to my Wife,26 years ago,when he was elected Blyth MP,that we COULD see Ronnie as a future Prime Minister,[before Ian Lavery came alang,],and my Wife,AND my Marra's at the pit,at Bates,aal ridiculed me,right owa the years....

He's daeing weel up ti noo,but those who read papers,which are trash reporting,and don't really knaa the man,are totally mis-guided!!

A canna speak for Lavery,cos a divvent really knaa him,only a passing word or two between us owa the years.

Time will tell!!

A bet Tony Blair's marra's,at work,and he's band-mates,nivvor thowt HE wud get anywhere!!

A funny aad world we live in!

As for slang reporting....."let he who is without sin throw ......etc!!"

Naebody's perfect!

interesting re Corbyn -- politics in action -- if you want to actually get something accepted by the public - present something unacceptable at first - then meet the compromise which is far beyond what the public would want or even condone if presented at first offer - but is way above what you could have hoped for - wheyyy result -- you get far more than you would have dared say you wanted  and the public get a feel good (but conned) factor

Oh and mrs HH funny how her and her husbands history have been expunged re their support of PIE

only personal thought and nowt more

Pil,your philosophy is spot-on....I have said that for years about things like marketing strategies etc.......ask for more-settle for a little less - everybody's happy.....but you are the winner!

That's what haggling is all about!....[isn't it?]

ah but a sad reflection on the wannabees that want political power and their attitude to the 'masses' that they are supposed to represent - the only winners are the folk that have achieved their ends at the cost of the others they are supposed to represent - haggling to me is a mutually satisfactory agreement on cost and benefit - ie -- I want that - you have it - what we gonna agree a price on ? - I once swapped a 250 enfield for a vw beetle -- now that was a fair deal -- neither party was conned and we both went away happy and I might add happy for many years (although I have to say if its got t**s or wheels its gonna cost you dearly lol)

its the whole - ooo isn't this terrible and we can sort something, issues that boils my pi*s -and that the issue in the first instance would never be countenanced by any rational thinker - we are not children and actually have a mind (apart from some voters lol|) so should be accorded the dignity of having rational thought. it all comes back to the thing that I find most bemusing -- we know best ..... and that's from most that I wouldn't trust to walk my dog.. and yet they are voted in to posts of power?? 

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now