Small World

Our youngest daughter has been working at a pub in Richmond. We Skype with her regularly and she told me she had a customer who was a bit grumpy and would only be served by her. Bloke in his mid to late 50's she reckoned. Because she sounds like a yank he asked her how she could work in the U.K., and she told him her dad was a Brit. Where from the bloke says? He's a Geordie, she said. From Bedlington. She said he got tears in his eyes. He was from Bedlington, he said. She told him I wrote a book called The Leek Club all about the leek shows in the 1950's and he got quite emotional. He hadn't heard those words in years and they brought the memories flooding back. So he read the book and when he next went in he said it was just how he remembered it. What are the odds?

That's mighty strange!

Wor oldest Son lives in London. A few fears back,he went up Finchley High Street,ti the printer's shop.[before home printers came alang].

He went in ti get a job done,and a Northumbrian voice sed ti him "Wat are yi deaing doon heor Daz!?"

It was Peter Liddle's Son!! [of T.Liddle Garage Stakeford fame!]...they went ti school together,and were virtually my neighbours!

Only aboot five or six years back..[maybe more...time flies!],he went ti Denmark ti record a Danish band in a big recording studio over there.

He walked doon the studio corridor,passed a young lad,spoke,sed Hi,and carried on his way.

Thi lad shouted back at him,"yi mad ginger geordie b.............d,wat are ye daeing owa heor?"

Again,it was an aad schoolmate he hadn't seen since they left in the mid-1980's!!

Like yi say,what are the odds?

Life's mighty qweer hoo it brings people tigitha!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now