Walk to Atlee Park

I tried out the new path down the picnic field this weekend. Good idea to stay safe,  away from the main road and a lovely walk too.

• Like 2

Haven't been doon for a month or two,heard aboot it from me next door neighbour,hoo far does it go?

It used ti tek yi reet ti the steppy-styens,and my Wife could manage it in her mobility scooter,a few years ago,but of late,it is a total impossibility.

Hope the plan is to renew the whole path eventually,mind there's a certain fraternity intent on destruction,and look what they did to the nice picnic tables doon at Cambois,and other places.

Aal be up ti me owld childhood haunt in a few days time ,hopefully,and aal check the path oot,for suitability for the scooter.

The river Wansbeck path is also restricting to sufferer's of spinal pain,when using scooter's,as the vibration on the rough areas make travelling

very difficult,otherwise most of the path is a lovely walk/ride.

The Bedlington "Free" woods is,and always was my favorite place to be as a child!

Looks great but am having trouble with the geography here! Say I'm walking from Front Street to the Big Event next weekend, how do I access this path to avoid having to walk on the road?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Friends, looking at this I'm ashamed to ask if the Picnic is still up and running? if so can you

please tell me the Date of 2016 Do please, as I will sort a few days back home around it.

Thank You.

Hello Friends, looking at this I'm ashamed to ask if the Picnic is still up and running? if so can you

please tell me the Date of 2016 Do please, as I will sort a few days back home around it.

Thank You.

Hi Seamus, 

the picnic itself is unfortunately not still happening but there has been The Big Event for the past few years which has been a great success and hugely popular.

Generally around the third week in June as it always lands on my anniversary.

• 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now