Be afraid, be very afraid.

I thought I'd start a new thread to help centralise alerts to what 'the evil* Tories' have in store for Blighty.

So now it starts in the NHS ... the top quacks want to curb treatment to some folks:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/may/12/doctors-to-withhold-treatments-in-campaign-against-too-much-medicine

The quacks insist they're independant but look down the article and you'll find this paragraph:

"NHS England has been working as a partner with the Academy of Royal Medical Colleges to join the international campaign of Choosing Wisely to establish which interventions do not help patients in the care of their condition."

The quacks are Tory puppets!

So now it starts restricting free speech:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/13/counter-terrorism-bill-extremism-disruption-orders-david-cameron

Their new Bill will include the need "to submit to the police in advance any proposed publication on the web and social media or in print."  

Just think about that for a moment;  give the Peelers this type of power and it's in their DNA to stretch it, and stretch it to catch all sorts of innocent folk.  Ignore all the bleating from the Westminster shysters about this law ONLY aimed at the terrorboys.  Has Sym to submit his Jocko/Froggy/Fritz/Tory/mackemscum jokes to the Bizzies or risk 'the four o'clock knock'? Mind, some on here would think that Sym deserves to be some lifers 'girlfriend' in the pokey 

*I've crossed 'evil' and' b*****d out to allow this thread to begin & continue on a neutral and balanced note.

post-894-0-03598000-1431528152_thumb.jpg

Edited by foxy
  • Like 1

The quacks are Tory puppets!

Maybe they just get to see more malingerers and hypochondriacs than most, and the more they see the surer they become? :)

doing nothing for the patient may be the best thing to do for them, according to the academy.

It wants doctors to start talking honestly to patients about the benefit or potential lack of benefit from a certain procedure and the possibility that some treatments can involve risk, and about alternative ways of handling their illness.

I can handle this kind of "political indoctrination", but at my age I'm certainly not going to take any more BS from commie nurses. Ones who think that because I'm paying (twice!) for an examination I deserve sub-human treatment and to be punished.  The old Ashington Hospital had some good people on staff, but it certainly employed some scum nurses - ones who put their politics well before patients, basic human decency, and compassion.  Only the addled brains of the hard left would go there!

On the "free speech" thing I will reserve judgement until the detailed measures are announced.  But with Miliband proposing to outlaw even mild criticism of Islam (but not any other religion), it's a bit choice to be damning selective controls on promoting Islamic hate this early.  Of course if we hadn't had to endure all this multiculturalism insanity we wouldn't have had a problem, and there'd be absolutely no excuse for limiting freedoms. Where are all the promoters of multiculturalism now?  Answer: long dead, retired on fat politico's pensions, and/or keeping their heads well down whilst the country pays a huge price for their little social experiment.  The old adage "When in Rome..." should be nailed up at the UK Border.  It suited, and even benefited past immigrants as they fully integrated.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So now it starts beware the Censor ... Frau Theresa May wants Ofcom to pre-approve programmes reporting stuff that might be against the 'public interest'.  Now, just to clear, it won't just be Auntie Beeb's bloomers that'll be examined but ALL broadcast media's undies will be sniffed (social media, telly, streaming, web, bloggs - the list will be endless).  Give the Peelers and the Quangos any excuse and they'll extend their remit to be catch-all.  This is censorship, pure and simple ... forget all the bleating from the Westminster shysters (and their apologists here and further afield) about it'll only be directed at the terrorboys;  the wording on the draft talks about those 'against the public interest'.  What a catch all ... a Government Minister, or a local Councillor, or a bossPeeler, or boss BigBusinessman could declare just about anything being against 'the public interest' or any group 'working against the public interest' ... would that trigger Ofcom calling-in news reports or telly documentaries to be censored?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/21/mays-plan-to-censor-tv-programmes-condemned-by-tory-cabinet-colleague

I'm against any form of censorship (apart from self-censorship). Publish and be damned is my mantra and allow open challenge.

post-894-0-30450900-1432396082_thumb.jpg

p.s.  Before anybody raises the record of the Left ... Labour were a disgrace with some of their anti-libertarian views and legislation.

• Like 1

Agreed Symptoms!

Unfortunately I cannot say :-

Je suis Maggie' without changing my name or

Je ne suis pas Le Maggie'

Not sure if the French is correct.

I could blame Mr Stafford Westridge but I guess I did not see much point in concentrating.

I did not anticipate travelling too far from home

"....In future...doing nothing for the patient may be the best treatment for them....".....!!!

Of course!,and also the best line of trade to be in will always,and more so....be that of those who take care of us after we depart.....!!

What a load of politico buzz-words for an old pitman to try and digest at 1-0 am!!

Sym,thanks for posting this,I think I fully agree with your fears,but you made a serious mistake by deleting the word "Evil" and B..............ds"!!!!!!!!!!!

Freedom of speech is what made this a great country to live in,and I'm from an old ilk who does not have the word "Offended " in my vocabulary.

My reasoning is,that if an adult person is going to be "offended",because of some remarks made,they would not have lasted 10 minutes working in an underground environment....grown-up children...still immature...in my mind.

We had a saying underground......"Sticks and stones....blaa blaa",so you took any insults with a pinch of salt,and anyone showing just a hint of having a "Lip-on",might as well pick thier bait-bag up and go home!

Why not joke about Islam??????...we joke about God,talk openly if we disagree with Christianity,the Royal Family,or Churchill...not to mention thatcher-the-hatcheter.........so what's the difference?

Aye,aa say...."When in Rome....blaa blaa...."!!.

Maybe they just get to see more malingerers and hypochondriacs than most, and the more they see the surer they become? :)

I can handle this kind of "political indoctrination", but at my age I'm certainly not going to take any more BS from commie nurses. Ones who think that because I'm paying (twice!) for an examination I deserve sub-human treatment and to be punished.  The old Ashington Hospital had some good people on staff, but it certainly employed some scum nurses - ones who put their politics well before patients, basic human decency, and compassion.  Only the addled brains of the hard left would go there!

On the "free speech" thing I will reserve judgement until the detailed measures are announced.  But with Miliband proposing to outlaw even mild criticism of Islam (but not any other religion), it's a bit choice to be damning selective controls on promoting Islamic hate this early.  Of course if we hadn't had to endure all this multiculturalism insanity we wouldn't have had a problem, and there'd be absolutely no excuse for limiting freedoms. Where are all the promoters of multiculturalism now?  Answer: long dead, retired on fat politico's pensions, and/or keeping their heads well down whilst the country pays a huge price for their little social experiment.  The old adage "When in Rome..." should be nailed up at the UK Border.  It suited, and even benefited past immigrants as they fully integrated.

Aye,Three-gee,in 1980, I had a bad roof-fall accident,while winning out a new coalface,down Bates pit.

I was injured and taken to the old Ashington hospital,in the Coal-Board van,which was quicker than waiting for an ambulance,in those days!

It was common for injured miners to be taken straight out of the pit,"Black as a craa",meaning "black as a crow",unwashed from being down the mine,in other words.

I  was lying in a side room,bleeding through bandages put on by my own marra's,as there were no doctor's to be found 180 yards up a three-feet high wet,rough coal-face,at 5-0 0'clock in the morning!![when the roof came down over my head and shoulder's...]

A black doctor came to see to me,around nine o clock,and asked me how this had happened,and what time.

When I said "5-0 o'clock this morning,doctor..",he was very gruff,and spat out his words as if he had a lip-on..!

"Why did you not come to Hospital sooner....."...[like a red rag to a bull!!]

I was in a lot of pain,not having had any treatment for so long,since being injured 4 hours beforehand,and tried to explain that there are no doctors and ambulances down a coalmine..........it took over two hours to come off the face,get first-aid,travel outbye,wait for a cage to the surface...etc,then I lay over two hours in the hospital waiting on this bad-mannered man to come and see to me!!

THEN he started talking about our proposed pay rise,quoting press reports about us getting 10,000 pounds a year,[in 1980!],which was engineered miner-hating sensationalism!!

THEN he said,"You will get more pay than me..."

THAT did it!!...I said doctor,di ye not think a deserve as much pay as ye?....hoo many doctors come here haaf-deed through thi middle of thi neet,like me?.....eh?......"

He stormed out of the room and left me still bleeding,only with no bandages on.

I lay for about ten minutes in agony,when a young doctor came by the room and saw me.

When I told him what happened,he quickly saw to my injuries,and told me that that other doctor had a chip on his shoulder,for some reason,and had been nasty with other patients.

My own family G.P. was Dr Abbey,an Indian doctor,who was really pleasant and friendly,and who was,I later found out,a brilliant surgeon.

Just the opposite,but that was in the days when immigration was not on the scale as it is now,and nobody made a fuss.

Ashington Hospital was founded and built,originally,by the Miners of Ashington,who saw the need for  a local hospital,in the days when Ashington pit employed 5000 men,and was the biggest single employer in the country.

We would have been badly on without it,for all the odd horror stories that surrounded it sometimes!!

HPW wrote: "Sym,thanks for posting this,I think I fully agree with your fears,but you made a serious mistake by deleting the word "Evil" and B..............ds"!!!!!!!!!!!"

But I didn't Wilma ... it was others on here that applied the censor's eraser.  In my original post #1 I certainly did strikethrough (with a line) the word evil  just to be sarcastic but also apply the appearance of a tinge of balance and neutrality (me smirking).  However, later in my original post #1 I wrote: "... Jocko/Froggy/Fritz/Toryb.a.s.t.a.r.d.s/mackemscum jokes ..."  (but I didn't have full stops between the letters following Tory, as I have in this explanatory post).  That 'b' word was erased and the lower one in the last paragraph changed to  B..............ds.

It's getting a bit like the Daily Hate where even mildly offensive, or even non offensive, words are being swapped for asterisks/dots or being 'airbrushed' out. It's a bit like living in a toytown version of China or North Korea.  I did say, "Be afraid, be very afraid".

post-894-0-17295100-1432652533_thumb.jpg

It's getting a bit like the Daily Hate where even mildly offensive, or even non offensive, words are being swapped for asterisks/dots or being 'airbrushed' out. It's a bit like living in a toytown version of China or North Korea.  I did say, "Be afraid, be very afraid".

As has been mentioned in the past the profanity filter is automated, there is no sinister censorship plot here  :) The filters exist only to remind members that this is a site for all ages. As with anything automated there is a chance that some false positives will slip through and as the list is externally sourced it will at times be a little over-zealous.

GGGG - your valid points above are noted ... I understand how crude automatic filters can be and how they can appear to be unnecessarily heavy-handed.  However, I'm drawn to the bottom of my #1 post to where there's an entry, "Edited by foxy, 13 May 2015 - 04:42 PM.".  So our 'beloved foxy' isn't a real person who often posts here but just a bit of filtering software???

The plot deepens.

So our 'beloved foxy' isn't a real person who often posts here but just a bit of filtering software???

The plot deepens.

He's a very real person, he's John Fox better known locally as foxy, he doesn't hide behind a pseudonym such as our "beloved Symptoms" or GOD but he will continue to edit or delete posts that are abusive or contain bad language. End  Of

• Like 1

John, how was I, or many others here, to know that "foxy" wasn't a pseudonym ... especially when it's juxtaposed alongside an avatar of a nude woman humping a haversack who some on here might describe as a 'fox', or a 'foxy lady'.  So, an honest assumption I hope you'll agree.  Anyway, back to the use of pseudonyms by other folks on here;  a brief look at just the first page of the Members' List (As) shows at least 50% using pen names and I'm sure that percentage will vary page by page.  So it's a bit unnecessary (and maybe unfair) to describe those using an alias as being cowardy custards for not using their given name.  Who's to say 'Symptoms' isn't a surname ... I could be called Richard Symptoms but never Beloved Symptoms.  Actually, on the first incarnation of Bedlington.co.uk I did use my given name, the site then went dead for a couple of years then re-appeared.  I had to re-register but the new site wouldn't accept the 'old' username (my given name), hence the pen name.  Of course, for security and ID theft reasons it is always advised NEVER to use a real name on any Forum ... so silly me first time around. 

As I acknowledged in my earlier reply to GGGG, I'm not going to buck the notion that Forums shouldn't be moderated and I do applaud those who take on the thankless task ... I might prefer a 'light touch' but hey, it ain't that big a deal especially when the mods' judgements can be openly questioned.

post-894-0-84738200-1432826097_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not, my name is actually Mercuryg. Pronounced as written. Not Steve Turnbull, as is otherwise believed. Or Deaf Steve, as often referred to. Or other unrepeatable names.

Mr Smudgeinthebudge,.........

Very pleased to make your acquaintance. My client is an African Prince who has a problem with his international banking. He needs to deposit 10 million Gallactic Credits into your bank account and is prepared to let you have 20% by way of commission. Send me your bank details and we will be very happy.

Mr Smudgeinthebudge,......... Very pleased to make your acquaintance. My client is an African Prince who has a problem with his international banking. He needs to deposit 10 million Gallactic Credits into your bank account and is prepared to let you have 20% by way of commission. Send me your bank details and we will be very happy.

I don't need to do anything I use the same password for everything and no one will ever crack it. Its ydarB nalA

• Like 1

Whey,as aan pitman who knaas nowt,except pitwark,aal yi bugga's are leaving me bemused here!

A gotta agree wi aad Sym....an' as far as passwards are ,

nea bugga came on an' deciphired me little love letter ti the forum a while back....[aav forgotten where it is noo...a think it was in thi UKIP thread],

but just as a reminder,di yi think even thi Enigma wud get this one........

......aadbliddywilmasabootnakkaadnooanisgaantibliddykipcositslateanaamnoreddaroondyitsothibuggarillhaetibidetheortithimornnoocosaamowaknaakaadtidaeanymairsoaalsaygudneet,

andhappyborthditiyungAdamHogg!

Gudneetfowlks!

Whey,as aan pitman who knaas nowt,except pitwark,aal yi bugga's are leaving me bemused here!

A gotta agree wi aad Sym....an' as far as passwards are ,

nea bugga came on an' deciphired me little love letter ti the forum a while back....[aav forgotten where it is noo...a think it was in thi UKIP thread],

but just as a reminder,di yi think even thi Enigma wud get this one........

......aadbliddywilmasabootnakkaadnooanisgaantibliddykipcositslateanaamnoreddaroondyitsothibuggarillhaetibidetheortithimornnoocosaamowaknaakaadtidaeanymairsoaalsaygudneet,

Gudneetfowlks!

Cannagetthebitsinthemiddle, musttryharder!

Aadbliddywilmasabootnakkaadnooanisgaantibliddykipcositslate       

Old bloody Wilmas about knackered now and is going to bloody kip as it is late

Anaamnoreddaroondyitsothibuggar

I know I am no…….  know I am no more  it so........bugger 

Illhaetibidetheortithimornnoo

I have ………………tomorrow now

cosaamowaknaakaadtidaeanymairsoaalsaygudneet,

because I am knackered to do any more so I will say goodnight

And a happy birthday young Adam Hogg

Gudneetfowlks!

Goodnight people!

• 2 weeks later...

Heh heh! Nice one Eggy!

Neorly theor noo,wivafewmissinwards!

Howw,this is a bit of a hobby thing wi me,this isn't new,yi naa!!

A few years ago,me gorgeous young Neice was in the Para's,and stationed in the Falklands..[i think]

For a laugh,a sent her a hand-written letter,a few pages lang,on A4,just ti keep in touch,and mek her feel at yem,reading Northumbrian text.

Noo!...aboot fower pages were nowt else but unpunctuated pitmatic text,which,at first glance,resembled Egyptian heiroglyphics!

Aam not taakin aboot Northumbrian,here noo,..aam taakin aboot true pitmatic,using loads of old ancient pit terminology which pitmen's Wives adopted in their everyday vocabulary![such as some which Eggy didn't twig on in his decoding post......"anaamnoreddaroondyitcosaam....".."I haven't got any housework done yet..."etc.

ANYWHEH!,me lovely Neice spent a few neets in,trying ti work it aal oot,which kept her oot o' mischief!

THEN,she discreetly posted it up in the mess,on thi notice board.

Next thing she knew,was a superior officer holdin' it up in front of ivry bugga,waantin ti knaa who was responsible,and what did it aal mean!!

So!,they could decipher enemy signals,send in tornado's heavily armed,blast thi bugga's ti bits,but they cudn't read aad Wilma's twang!

[Wilma isn't a pseudo,by thi way,it is so well-knaan a nickname,daft as it is,but will be in archived N.C,B,reports,from High Pit,Choppington,if any still exist,cos even thi Manager didn't knaa me real nyem....in thi late 1950's -60's-70's and on ti thi present day by aad marra's who are still alive!!]

..."Wilma....fined five shillings....throwing bait papers down in the roadway causing the spread of mice......"

...."Wilma....fined two shillings and sixpence for riding thi pit ponies underground"........

Heh heh! Happy days!!

P.S.......watwarwitaakinabootaforetheornooathinkaavstrayedawehaweebitagain.......!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now