The Plough Mitford

The pub is open again.

Worth a drive around the work for the new developments in Morpeth.

Change is in the air.

Roads closed .

Compounds signposted, probably for the new road

Then there is the new site for something called Saint Andrews Gardens.

Money no object it seems.

If you try it don't be put off by the choice of food. They have what I would call a standard pub grub menu but if there is nothing you fancy on the menu board just ask and the landlady will see what she has in the kitchen. She produced a vegetarian meal for the wife, that she couldn't finish - too much. Car parking for about 15 cars, includes half a dozen, at the back of the pub, that you can't see from the road.

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Plough-Inn-Mitford-Northumberland/741969899211974?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

• 2 weeks later...

used to go there when at school at morpeth in the early 70's - they had a minor bird in the bar which everyone taught to swear and a  function room in in an outbuilding - very laid back -- last time I was in Mitford was for a funeral a good few yrs ago and still think the castle is a fine example which most folk don't even know is there

• 1 month later...

oh and if you do visit the plough take a walk to the church - lovely building - and a tremendous example of a motte and bailey castle right next to it -- have a pint or three - have lunch - loom at the castle  and work up a thirst for another 'glass pie'

• 3 months later...

Still open - 5 of us went today - all enjoyed all the home cooked food - even Mrs Eats (a non meat eater) commented on how fresh the veg was. Only place I have ever been asked - Do you want chips or veg with your bangers & mash?

And if you got kids just out the pub door and across the bridge used to be an excellent place for conkers. If I had of been fit I would have gone that 50 yards to the river wansbeck and collected some conkers for Canny Lass.

Still open - 5 of us went today - all enjoyed all the home cooked food - even Mrs Eats (a non meat eater) commented on how fresh the veg was. Only place I have ever been asked - Do you want chips or veg with your bangers & mash?

And if you got kids just out the pub door and across the bridge used to be an excellent place for conkers. If I had of been fit I would have gone that 50 yards to the river wansbeck and collected some conkers for Canny Lass.

Forgot to say - It's a country pub, with two dogs, and customers dogs are allowed in.

However the two people who rode up to the pub on horses had to sit outside with their pints, and horses - don't know if there is a place for tying a horse to.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now