Beep if you hate UKIP

I overheard someone singing the praises of Melanie Hurst it seems she had a good meeting in Morpeth last week..

Someone else was called a Nazi by a phone caller because she said she would vote UKIP.

Sadly her father had been a prisoner of war and it was a very upsetting comment.

Politics is changing.

Politicians are going to have to work to get our votes.

Personally I am an undecided voter based on the fact that I haven't read policies or manifestos. I am actively interested in politics and how it affects us at a local, national and international level but I also feel that I am a disillusioned voter at the same time.

This election seems to be more about vote against the people you don't want to get in rather than who you do.

I personally agree with a lot that UKIP has to offer but the way they are portrayed in the media seems to attract the mental ones. If they were able to disassociate from that then I think they would have more of a chance. Obviously easier said than done with national newspapers clearly having their favourite colour.

One comment I seen on Twitter that supports the fact that most people in the local area are indoctrinated into the ballot paper decision:

Tweet to Paul Nuttall after his visit to the Bedlington UKIP office:

"I don`t want to appear negative but, you could put a red rosette on a monkey up there and he/she`d win Good Luck"

People vote labour because it's all they have ever known, because that's what their Dad voted and their Dad after them and we're all taught to hate the tories because of the mine closures and Thatcher is a witch etc etc.

It's a mild form of social conditioning and people really need to start making their own minds up.

If you just watch Question Time, you have to take into account that certain parties are under represented and even then the gossip of neutral undecided voters who are actually politically associated with parties is rife and causes further disinterest.

*sigh*

Couldn't agree more Brett! It's all about looking at things in today's light and making up your own mind! Things change and so can our opinions. What was good for our fathers and grandfathers isn't necessarily right for us.The main thing is that we use our right to vote rather than sit at home complaining. Even a spoiled vote says more than no vote at all!

We are having Provincial elections on Tuesday and have all the same kind of problems as you have, I am voting for the person I trust the most rather than a Party and it's promises. When did an elected party ever fulfil its election promises?

During this last session we had at least twelve members cross the floor, one was their Party leader (and then didn't get the nomination for her riding seat in these elections!)so who were we voting for if they cross the floor?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now