Look after your health.

Well, this kind of stuff is what keeps Charlie Saxe-Coburg and Gotha looking so well ... we all know how he promotes this dodgy alternative stuff.  Oh, and maybe he's like that because he's never done an honest days work in his life, never had to bend down to tie his own shoelaces, never hand to wipe his own arse, only ever eaten the finest grub supplied by Fortnum and Mason.

We must remember Yekaterinburg.

Edited by Symptoms

The headache cure may work for mild headaches as there is some evidence that lavender helps you sleep. Alternative medicines are fine for the worried well but real illness needs conventional medicine. (Free at the point of delivery) See what I did there. Turn any thread political me! 

Getting back on subject, there are bound to be some useful things in old herbal remedies but I wouldn't trust them unless they had had full clinical trials. Like many of us I probably would have popped my clogs years ago if it hadn't been for conventional medicine, not to mention surgery. However there are some useful things around such as aspirin (willow bark), digitalis (foxgloves), penicillin (mould). There's bound to be plenty more in the rainforests, they just need finding. Goodness knows what the pharmaceutical industry is growing now with a bit of genetic tweaking here and there. 

I'm particularly intrigued by the cure for ringworm! "Find a pot of a man's urine". The Word 'find' suggests that this should be the urine of an unknown male. We'll I mean, if it was your old-man's urine you wouldn't need to 'find' it. Presumably you would know where he kept his pot. How does one go about 'finding' pots of urine - and, once found, how does one know with certainty that it's a man's urine? What's the magic ingredient in male urine that's not to be found in female urine? And, finally would male urine found in anything else than a pot do the trick? I think we may need to start a new topic for this one.

I'm particularly intrigued by the cure for ringworm! "Find a pot of a man's urine". The Word 'find' suggests that this should be the urine of an unknown male. We'll I mean, if it was your old-man's urine you wouldn't need to 'find' it. Presumably you would know where he kept his pot. How does one go about 'finding' pots of urine - and, once found, how does one know with certainty that it's a man's urine? What's the magic ingredient in male urine that's not to be found in female urine? And, finally would male urine found in anything else than a pot do the trick? I think we may need to start a new topic for this one.

I think they're taking the p--- . To quote an old nursing joke.

Never mind Canny's ringworm ... men's urine is a good way of warding off foxes (it does work, as does Jeyes Fluid).  Female urine is sometimes know as 'the golden shower'.  If some of our viewers want to know where that description came from just ask and Sym will provide the answer.

Now this is interesting, Symptoms. We are plagued with foxes here. Must it be men's urine and what do I do with it? Do I spray it round the boundaries of the property, over the entire garden or do I just get the old man to have his morning pee here and there and everywhere? Golden showers? I'm not going to ask! In this neck of the woods it means something that would be considered unfit for inclusion on this site. 

They are never mentioned now Canny lass.

People used a special cream bought in little pots.

Can't remember the name.

Chilblains the very name reminds you of the past.

Stone hot water bottles , coal fires, toasting forks, playing cards on a card table !

All by the fire

Canny - walk around your garden and sniff for MrFoxy's (not our beloved foxy) scent markings ... you can't miss it, strong, pungent, sweet.  Get MrCanny to piddle there and get him to do it often ... MrFoxy (not our beloved foxy) will get the message.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now