Suggestions

We need a forum for peeps to ask questions about using the software, and to flag features like personal galleries, PM, events calendar etc.

I've already had a user question by phone.

Something like: How Do I...

Help using the site can be found by clicking the 'help' link which appears in the top right of every page and will be updated to further emphasise the features you have mentioned.

Frequently asked questions will be added as needs be.

The personal galleries are not quite ready to roll out but will be added in due time once the testing is complete.

To help the development of the site please post in here any features you would like to see included.

How about a user orientated diary with automated emails (SMSes?) for event reminders?

Similar to MS Outlook & Exchange server; but being web based.

To help the development of the site please post in here any features you would like to see included.

Hi again! :rolleyes:

I've already mentioned elsewhere about a user @bedlington address with forwarding/POP3 etc; but what about a full ISP type system (by PSTN modems or broadband) to try and entice those in the area who have not yet taken the plunge into a general internet access subscription with one of the 'big boys'?

As Bedlington has (AFAIR) one exchange behind Front Street; only one exchange would need your own HW or you could 'sub-let' BT's infrastructure.

We haven't got the software to efficiently handle

...@bedlington.co.uk mail addresss' at the moment, and I doubt that

there would be any benefit to writing any. Experience shows that

people treat such freebies as a throw-away address, and attract huge

amounts of spam. This then has to be dealt with, taking much needed

effort away from more worthwhile projects. Dealing with the spam that

our paying customers unwittingly attract to themselves is already a

costly business.

As for connectivity - we're not in that business. We'd thought about

re-branding one of the services already on offer. But at the end of

the day that's not going to help anyone. There's a great danger of

spreading the resources too thin and trying to do too much. However

when Cable & Wireless do get their equipment into the local exchange

we'll be one of their first customers. We've already got a "last-mile"

optical link waiting to go.

On the SMS question: we've already looked at it, a while back, and that

might indeed be a goer.

How about a temporary section named 'out of town chat' until decisions have been made on permanent forum section names?!

For all things external of Bedlington where sites are not available for there local community ;)

Will increase the users and possibility of expansion to different areas if need be

How about a temporary section named 'out of town chat' until decisions have been made on permanent forum section names?!

For all things external of Bedlington where sites are not available for there local community ;)

Will increase the users and possibility of expansion to different areas if need be

Maybe I'd anticipated you a bit by renaming it to Northumberland...

Anyway will that do for now? ;)

Thats good for me with me not being privileged enough to claim bedlingtonian status :rolleyes:

Keep up the posts and we'll make you an honorary one. Comes c/w with a (9 carat) gold plated key to the lavy in car park - subject to budgetary restrictions. :D

Keep up the posts and we'll make you an honorary one. Comes c/w with a (9 carat) gold plated key to the lavy in car park - subject to budgetary restrictions. :D

A normal key with one of those rubber covers on it then

• 2 weeks later...

Well boss, how about giving some of us older folks an area we can chat in peace, keep these morons and hotheads out so we don't have to read the crap they bring? :) There are certain persons always must have the last word (even when it doesn't make sense), immediately apparent whenever anyone opens the main page

Well boss, how about giving some of us older folks an area we can chat in peace, keep these morons and hotheads out so we don't have to read the crap they bring? :) There are certain persons always must have the last word (even when it doesn't make sense), immediately apparent whenever anyone opens the main page

Whats with this "older folks' bit Swallnala. As I remember, you are still in the prime of life. Not like some of us.

Now I am old, and have the decrepitude to prove it. CK is obviously catching up with me, and as for Denzel, thats anyones guess, anywhere between six and sixty I would think!

So give it a rest, and get back to the wry and witty Swallnala we all remember and enjoy so much!

Joe Rooney

Whats with this "older folks' bit Swallnala. As I remember, you are still in the prime of life. Not like some of us.

Now I am old, and have the decrepitude to prove it. CK is obviously catching up with me, and as for Denzel, thats anyones guess, anywhere between six and sixty I would think!

So give it a rest, and get back to the wry and witty Swallnala we all remember and enjoy so much!

Joe Rooney

LOL Joe :unsure:

Well boss, how about giving some of us older folks an area we can chat in peace, keep these morons and hotheads out so we don't have to read the crap they bring? There are certain persons always must have the last word (even when it doesn't make sense), immediately apparent whenever anyone opens the main page

Morons, hotheads........why thank you! This is an improvement on my usual tag :rolleyes:

Joe Rooney

Oi, I heard that!