Make a noise for Bedlington.

Following discussion we have finalised the date for our 'Make A Noise 4 Bedlington' protest as Saturday 2nd May 2015. It is the saturday before the general election so perfect timing..........

Unfortunately it was going to be impossible to arrange a march to take place before the election so we have opted for a static protest (assembly) which we feel will be just as effective.....

Please assemble in the Market Place for 11.50 am ready to 'Make a Noise 4 Bedlington' as St Cuthbert's Church bell chimes noon.........

We will make a noise for 15 minutes. Please bring something noisy if possible - whistle, horn etc.

We will be giving you ideas for banners etc in the run up to the event.

Please indicate on the event page if you will be attending so that we can arrange to have sufficient stewards on duty.

Just had a brief meeting with young lady who is fronting this with regard to providing press release, very pleasant and dedicated she is too

In hand Merc......

Are you getting a 260px wide image for the sidebar Malcolm? I can add one using that poster but the small print will be unreadable at that resolution.

Maggs wrote: "Well it appeared and now is gone. I signed out and Ukip appeared. Not sure why!"

Subliminal messaging perhaps ... you know they'll stop at nothing to get their message across.  Expect bright lights and rubber truncheons next.       

Edited by Symptoms

Met with Wendy yesterday for an update on how things are going, you can keep an eye out for more features in the local papers this week. One interesting item - the good people of St Cuthberts Church have offered to ring the bells for five minutes during the demonstration - a symbolic and welcome gesture of support I think.

The News Post leader is very interesting this week.

1) The headline is 'we will only get louder' promises pressure group (Bedlington)

2) Jayne Middlemiss is now supporting the campaign

3) There is a letter from Simon Tyler in which he claims to have 'noticed an increasing number of doom and gloom letters concentrating on Bedlington'

He goes on to state that 'from the small amount of research he has conducted there is a plan for Bedlington'

He asks one thing :-

Keep believing in Bedlington.

I think he has his wish in the campaign, maybe not quite in the way he intends.

ACTIONS not WORDS

3) There is a letter from Simon Tyler in which he claims to have 'noticed an increasing number of doom and gloom letters concentrating on Bedlington'

He goes on to state that 'from the small amount of research he has conducted there is a plan for Bedlington'

Is this Simon Tyler the mayor? If so it's disgraceful he has only done a "small amount of research".

• Like 3

Is this Simon Tyler the mayor? If so it's disgraceful he has only done a "small amount of research".

Yes, it is indeed. The letter is, in fact, extremely patronising and dismissive. He is clearly unaware that the reason the MAN4bedlington campaign has garnered such support - more than 1500 supporters on Facebook alone - is because the locals do 'believe' in the town. I have it on good authority that he's not in support of the campaign himself. If he can do better, then let's see him do it.....

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now