Android/Mac book coments.

I'm having smartwatch bluetooth reconnection problems with my Galaxy Note 3 since they pushed the Lollipop upgrade recently. Overall Lollipop is an improvement though, but that could be because the Note 3 has 3GB of RAM. Not that many smartwatches are currently in use, so it won't be a general problem.  I'm not expecting a fix quite this week, and can live with the problem for now.

Unless a tab was ridiculously cheap I'd avoid anything with 1GB RAM or less. That, of course, rules out anything Apple.  Although the iPhans will claim that Apple devices don't need more it's a cop out as you can't get a quart out of a pint pot.  In fact historically that's the way Apple has forced users to buy new product, as previous generations rapidly become very clunky.

Anything above £100 should have more than 1GB RAM these days, and anything in the £500+ range with 1GB is a total joke.  It's very easy to confuse the non-technical here by quoting the amount of flash storage, and making it very difficult to discover the amount of real working memory.

If you are looking for a great budget device check out the Asus Zenfone 2.  There are models with as much as 4G RAM, it's Intel powered (with 22nm silicon), and the budget end ones are relatively cheap. Snag is they are new, and in very short supply at the moment. I'd pay the extra for a 4GB RAM one.

http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-6917.php

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now