Keith Lockey

Just been asked by Keith's brother to let everyone know Keith has passed away.

As a regular contributor on this site and a moderator Keith will be sadly missed by all. No doubt he will be entertaining them all upstairs with his own particular brand of humour.

I know all members will want to pass on our deepest sympathy to his family.

I am truly, truly shocked and saddened to hear this. I first got to know Keith many years ago when we both frequented the Northumberland Arms; a kind, pleasant, friendly and gentle soul who always had a story to tell and enjoyed a laugh, I was always happy to be in his company. To find him again, on here, after losing touch was a pleasure; I shall miss him, genuinely. Very, very sad news.

Such sad news! We've had many a good laugh here thanks to Keith's sense of humour and his wonderful competitions. However, on a more serious note I have to thank Keith for sharing his interest in astronomy with us, and with such enthusiasm that even I can sometimes .find myself star gazing . A very sad loss indeed! Warm condolences to the family.

So sorry to hear About Keith's Passing.

He was one of the most active and entertaining members on this site, regardless of your mood Keith would always say something that made you fell 100 times better, He will be sadly missed by Everyone on here.

RIP Keith.

I am in shock, I was supposed to meet Keith for a chat a few months ago but lost my mam, he sent me a lovely message, I was going to ring him to arrange something over easter. Keith was a lovely gentle man, and had a great sense of humour. My thoughts are with his family, so sorry Alan. RIP Keith.

I was really upset to hear the devastating news. Keith was a staunch supporter of this community project, and will be sorely missed. My commiserations to his family.  There has been a suggestion that we need to do something positive to keep his memory alive, and I'm fully in accord.

I too am saddened by Keith's passing.  We shared an interest in astronomy and when he got his telescope I urged him, on here, to get across to Keilder to enjoy the local 'dark sky';  I hope he did.

Ditto Vic's remarks about Joe Rooney.

Edited by Symptoms

Keith's funeral is at the Whitley Bay crematorium on Wednesday 1st April, 9am.

Forgive me if this is considered inappropriate, but what an entirely apt day for a man who enjoyed a modicum of tomfoolery! I fear I will not be around on that date, but should I be so will do my utmost to be there.

Once again everyone, MANY THANKS for your kind wishes. You TRULY are a remarkable crowd, and Keith spoke very highly about each and every one of you. Needless to say, I am struggling very hard to come to terms with Keith's death. Last week was a terrible week for us. It was my mother in laws funeral on Wednesday 18th, then the bombshell with Keith on the 20th. March hasn't been a great month for Liz or myself. HOWEVER, life has to go on for us both, and we have very fond memories of our departed loved ones.

It IS a fitting day for Keith's funeral, April Fools Day. He sure was blessed with a brilliant sense of humour, and I'm very fortunate that I have witnessed it all my life. Let's face it, with a face like his, he NEEDED a sense of humour :-) SORRY BRO, but I had to have the last word. Gonna miss you immensely.

Alan

• Like 4

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now