Local Residents Can Challenge Yellow Lines

That "fat man" is some good after all! :)

I am an obsessive person, this is very true. It just seems to me that we asked local authorities to do this and they just ignored it. It is an utterly, reasonable thing to do. It is about localism, giving the power to the people. To motorists and local residents who now can petition and control the car parking in their area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11454783/Eric-Pickles-How-a-dreadful-experience-with-a-traffic-warden-twisted-my-mind.html

Councils that use spy cameras to enforce parking rules are making nearly nine times more in motorists' fines than authorities which do not use them.

Official figures show that councils which are using CCTV to enforce parking rules made £49.35 per household last year. This compares to just £5.69 per household in councils which do not have them.

Ten minutes to ticket; will this mean a fall in revenue as every second of grace is exploited?  I feel an App coming on!

To quote somebody, I can't remember who, parking attendants are the unsung heroes of the modern age. I truly believe we would have total gridlock without them. There again I've never had a parking ticket in my life because I don't park anywhere I'd get one. There are plenty of places to park in Bedlington, all free.

the traffic warden in Blyth - many years ago -- I don't think he ever gave out a ticket - but what a nice bloke - the font of all knowledge  and was such an asset as a local guide to anyone visiting and also a bridge to those who had issues and didn't want to talk directly to the police -- man should have had an MBE at least (i have deliberately not mentioned the name)

oo challenging yellow lines -- I can see myself with the old epee or sabre out in full swashbuckler mode saying ' have at thee foul yellow line, I will split thee from knave to chops' --and then get the close fitting waistcoat and injections.... but a very valid point.. what consultation process in this world of 'open' ( :whistle:) government is gone though before the lines are splashed down??

Totally agree that yellow lines are there for a reason - problem is there are not enough of them! Just look at the parking in Front Street East in the area of Clippers the barbers where both sides of the road have cars parked resulting in a much reduced carriageway width. I've nearly lost a wing mirror on more than one occasion. Come on traffic managers - get some yellow lines painted.

Totally agree that yellow lines are there for a reason - problem is there are not enough of them! Just look at the parking in Front Street East in the area of Clippers the barbers where both sides of the road have cars parked resulting in a much reduced carriageway width. I've nearly lost a wing mirror on more than one occasion. Come on traffic managers - get some yellow lines painted.

There are places where they are needed and places where they are not.  I remember a business owner on Front Street West complaining to one of our local councilors many years ago that the yellow lines were badly affecting their trade - the response - "I don't care how many businesses close, the yellow lines stay!"  Somewhere there has to be a sensible compromise.

Just watch the webcam, cars constantly park on the double lines and the crosswalk zig zag lines, often for quite a long time.

I'm really surprised at the amount of traffic going through the town, parking and traffic flow must have just evolved and was never really planned, it must cause a few headaches for schools,shops and pedestrians.

Just watch the webcam, cars constantly park on the double lines and the crosswalk zig zag lines, often for quite a long time.

I'm really surprised at the amount of traffic going through the town, parking and traffic flow must have just evolved and was never really planned, it must cause a few headaches for schools,shops and pedestrians.

I agree, the Vulcan Place junction is bad enough to get out of without idiots parked in front of the Northumberland Arms.

We will no doubt discuss the parking problems until 'blue in the face' and still nothing will be done - what a useless bunch of councillors we have in Bedlington. However, with a town which appears to be in decline is it not surprising?

- what a useless bunch of councillors we have in Bedlington. However, with a town which appears to be in decline is it not surprising?

Shouldn't tar them all with the same brush tomtom,  We do have some good councillors in Bedlington  however they're usually outnumbered by the Numpty's when decisions are being made.  If you attend the meetings i've no doubt you don't need me to tell you that.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now