New Music, this year

Ovalteeny

• 1 month later...

Been listening to the new Mark Knopfler album - Tracker, and it's very good, but the stand-out track (for me) is the duet with Ruth Moody (of the Wailin' Jennies, a Canadian based trio of ladies).

https://youtu.be/WFad2HC2C

Edited by Ovalteeny

• 2 weeks later...

Malcolm,

Mr. Hiatt is one of my old time favourites, I have most of what he has recorded and seen him live a couple of time too.

I just thought the girls did justice to a very good song and I'm glad that you liked it. Lincoln Town is another very good Hiatt song.

My favourite album of John Hiatts is "Little Head" with the fabulous line in the song "Pirate Radio" that goes something like "One star in the sky, so I named it Otis Redding, just like Marvin Gaye searching for his Tammi Terrell". Magic.

Sting , Jimmy Nail, The Unthanks, The Wilsons, Katherine Tickell and more were at the Sage Friday and Saturday.

We needed to take out a mortgage to get a ticket or two but the concert was one of the very very best.

People from all around the World were at the venue.

The car park was not full and after there were so many people outside taking pictures

You just had to be there.

Maggs,

I'm very jealous, as we tried to get tickets, in vain for Sting's "The Last Ship", but went along on Friday to see the girls in Hall 2. Have you seen the Sting review by Alan Harrison on ND, put this link into your search engine and check it out :  

http://nodepression.com/live-review/sting-last-ship

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Malcolm,

I can see where you're coming from. I saw the Notting Hillbillys when they toured (I think it was at Aylesbury Town Hall !!). Jason Isbell was in The Drive by Truckers, who are worth catching up with, but I love his 2013 album solo "Southeastern", which is more singer/songwriter/americana type of stuff. So I was pleasantly surprised to see this video with the latest incarnation of Lynard Skynard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now