UK Election quiz

post-2-0-58921200-1424612746_thumb.jpg

I suspect NF would have difficulty doing too much better than 90% Kipper, because all his views don't align with party policy.  But that's in the nature of a properly democratic party - something we haven't actually had for decades!

I had difficulty on the marijuana question, but opted to allow for medicinal use.  It's something we really need to have a debate about, and probably carry out some serious and scaled experimentation with, rather than come up with the usual dogmatic responses.

If I'm 68% LD on economic issues does this mean the LD's have now settled on the sane course of leaving the EU at the earliest opportunity?  :D  I think the real issue is that LibLabCon are essentially undemocratic and there's really no prospect of them either doing - or being able to afford - what they say they will do.  Look only to the last election to see the string of broken undertakings that we can expect.  All three are essentially boxed in by their commitments to the EU, and mega-spending on other aggrandisements.

interesting -  mine came out as;

83% labour

79% lib/dem

77 Ukip

74% con

66% green

which just goes to show -- it all depends on how these things are worded -- lies - damn lies - and statistics.... and give no true idea of how I think or would vote if I did..

(call me cynical - I have been called worse!! but  do I sense a callous manipulation of saying what the spin drs. tell the parties to say what that people want to hear??)

Edited by pilgrim

I love these spurious 'scientific' surveys --  pete you are a closet tory!!! take yourself off to Plessey woods in women's underwear and do the 'right thing' with a revolver and a single bullet!!  - and think of the publicity!!! (my point exactly)

Do you enjoy being patronised and taken for granted by the Westminster elites pilgrim?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/labour-mp-austin-mitchell-even-if-we-selected-a-raving-alcoholic-sex-paedophile-we-wouldnt-lose-grimsby-10061754.html

Lots of people in Rotherham would say that a Labour vote is a vote for paedophilia by proxy, and they have plenty of evidence on that score!

The authors of this survey have clearly gone to a lot of trouble to ensure objectivity - well it worked for you, but you seem to have problems when it works for others.  What they can't address is whether those policies are capable of being realised, and the bona fides of the people charged with that. You'll probably agree with me that in Cameron's case that's highly unlikely as he's a proven serial liar.  You won't agree with me that in Labour's case it's equally unlikely, because Miliband/Balls will tank the economy in no time, and it will become "a global problem" once again.  Of course they will also have the Scot Nats to blame this time around; they don't need to go there, but in their lust for power a minority Labour government certainly will.

Symptoms: you should be cheering on the Kippers South of Birmingham.  The reality is that Ukip is now the only national party capable of uniting the country.  That country being England of course!  I fear that LibLabCon has done for the union for good now.  That's not to say Ukip has written Scotland off; a decade or so of "the fishy duo" will bring them to their senses, and a lot of the silly impressionable youngsters that are their main constituency will grow up.

I think you missed my basic point that there such no such thing as 'party' politics. In the upper echelons they are no more than self serving power brokers. The back benchers do as they are told and make up the numbers. As for being taken for granted by the 'Westminster Elites' can anyone actually honestly say that they personally have a say in the governance of the country via their elected representative?

'a labour vote is a vote for paedophilia by proxy' in Rotherham?? is that the labour party or the MP's or the councillors?? or does it go further back to what used to be called the 'Council for civil liberties' now called liberty, and its backing by the labour party and Harriet Harman and her husband for PIE but that seems to have been expunged from the 'official' records.

I would like to see what 'evidence' there is to link Rotherham labour party with paedophilia - although there is plenty to show political correctness and ineptitude being more prevalent than any basic ability or common-sense to take ones head out of the sand!! 

the link you posted - saw that today and it personifies the arrogance of those in some seats -- how long has the present incumbent of Blyth Valley been there?? and before the changes how long did Morpeth have the same man?

Alan Beith has been in his seat for many years but at least has actually tried !!!

You must enlighten me which, if any, if elected, would not be patronising and elitist???  they are all promises until they get your vote and then its -- so long and thanks for all the fish....

Pete, to paraphrase Harold Macmillan and Oscar Wilde:  consequences dear boy, consequences.  Cameroooony back in No10 ... run for cover if you're poor or ill or just about surviving whilst in work;  cheer if you're some posh, rich fat cat bleeding the rest dry.  Don't waste your vital vote on the kipper vanity project.

For years I've stated here that that all politicians are shysters and cheats,  none of whom can be trusted.  The basic measure that folks can take is who is more likely to ensure what's best for my family (or folks like me).  Who's more likely to lend support in times of stress/hardship/illness and who's likely to stiff you good and proper, with a blunt stick, up the jacksy?  Europe and/or immigration really hasn't much negative bearing upon most of us ... these issues only interest those with a particular axe to grind.

Edited by Symptoms

nice to see that our elected representatives get their new £75000 salary from May (that is only an 11% rise when they have capped public sector at 1%) but they have to suffer some hardships of course - only state funded taxis after 11pm - they wont get the full £65000 golden handshake for being booted out after an election - and not all evening dinners paid for - tragedy!!!

It does make me wonder where any of these 'makeweights' could get work in the 'real' world at anywhere near this income?

and even at those rates of pay and 'extras' they still had to have a nose in the trough of expenses, and to compound the insult to the population even after the first tranche of exposures of expense abuses came to light they carried on!!

when anyone mentions politics I immediately think of Marcellus in Hamlet - 'something is rotten in the state of Denmark' - a situation rife with errors and rotten from top to bottom

"It does make me wonder where any of these 'makeweights' could get work in the 'real' world at anywhere near this income?"

I doubt they could, Pilgrim! In my own opinion, I believe one of the major problems with politics these days is that the players are in it for the money, not to make a difference. Pay them a sensible, living wage - perhaps a little above the London average (apparently around £35k) and see what they say.

yes mercury -- suddenly it doesn't become so attractive- although I suspect the 'ego trip' is a big part of it!

It makes me wonder - against all I would fight for, that  a real democratically elected and representative government is a utopian dream  - maybe we should, as a nation, 'bite the bullet' -ditch the commons and appoint a board of professionals to run UK Plc. after all we are all shareholders in our country - or maybe not?? there is so much in the running of the state that shareholders would not tolerate in any company, or indeed the management of a successful company would not even countenance.

we, as citizens, entrust our elected members to ensure that the ill get treatment, the elderly don't starve or die alone, our children get educated, we can actually get work and use decent roads to travel to work, that our streets and property are safeguarded  - to mention but a few of the basic precepts - alas it appears the system has failed in all these areas to a greater or lesser degree.

Pete, to paraphrase Harold Macmillan and Oscar Wilde:  consequences dear boy, consequences.  Cameroooony back in No10 ... run for cover if you're poor or ill or just about surviving whilst in work;  cheer if you're some posh, rich fat cat bleeding the rest dry.  Don't waste your vital vote on the kipper vanity project.

For years I've stated here that that all politicians are shysters and cheats,  none of whom can be trusted.  The basic measure that folks can take is who is more likely to ensure what's best for my family (or folks like me).  Who's more likely to lend support in times of stress/hardship/illness and who's likely to stiff you good and proper, with a blunt stick, up the jacksy?  Europe and/or immigration really hasn't much negative bearing upon most of us ... these issues only interest those with a particular axe to grind.

Still voting UKIP Symptoms, the EU is a big issue with me.

nice thought that Malcolm about it being a part time job - must get myself down to the job centre and see what vacancies are out there for that sort of pay and expenses (plus housing 'benefit' ahem etc etc.) -- nice to think of being voted in at that level and thinking that your electorate only need you part of the time (in no way take that as any jibe -- was all very tongue in cheek!!!)

I will make no comment about the latest in a very long series of bungs for favours as I would expect nothing else -- and after all that has happened !!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now