UKIP advertising

Tonyp

Tony are you saying that you served in the 'ROYAL NAVY' now and not the merchant after all. It's make your mind up time. You must have a Royal Navy ID Number then.

By the way I was in Northern Ireland during the early to mid 1970's conflict. 

Wrong on all counts again. I tell you what, I'll give you my Army No. If you give me your Royal Navy No. I know you wont because you know I'll check you out with Navy Records and you'll be found out. I have no objection to you checking me out with Army Records.

I think you are full of Bullshit.

no secret -- I blagged a lift on the opossum - last diesel electric - Oberon class - endless supplies of pussers - magic (that was the one that dinged a Russian trawler at the fleet review after the Falklands  -  although the skipper did have a history of 'dinging' harbour buoys (er check the spelling -- nothing else was implied!!!)-- have an officers tie from the old Arc Royal as well, given to me for being exemplary in drinking - I almost remember being on board lol

Willy, when I made reference to "somewhere in Europe in the 30s" I could have been thinking about the USSR and their progroms against dissidents ... I've re-read my posts above and can find nowhere where I've likened the kippers to Adolf's murderous crew.

Mal, when I stated, "I modestly consider this to be following in the glorious footsteps of some of the great, and not so great, satirists; think of me as a James Gilray or a Jonathan Swift ... or even Screaming Lord Sutch"  I think there are a couple of glaring clues to Sym's tongue-in-cheekness when claiming my satirist credentials. So, as to having grandiose delusions ... poo.  Even the use of the 3rd person could be seen as a piss take.

Je suis Sym.

Luk lads,aam an aad pitman,in case ye didn't knaa.............!!

In a hostile environment,where ya marras were getting injured,[or "jaaped"],and killed,every other day,which all went unnoticed,tensions sumtimes ran high doon there,and ye cud have a gud faal-oot wi sumbody,and five minutes later ye were sharing a pinch of snuff,as if nowt had happened...nae huffs,or "lips" as we referred ti them!.

Noo that me feet's on solid grund ,wi a gud "top",a like ti think tha's nae reason for tensions ti run high!

So aav been enjoying the crack here,especially Aad Sym,[you're hilarious,Sym,you remind me of one or two aad Marra's from me pit days..gud cracks,but they couldn't half turn the crank-handle!!]

Let's keep the debate gaaning withoot grief,and aam nearly converted here,even though aam not politically-motivated,

tha's a LOT of sense in the kipper's policies,that aav read aboot...if only they wud carry them oot ti the hilt!

We gotta stand up ti Brussels...but a really think it's too late,too much power has been lost,and too much damage done.

Whey that's my smaa' two-pennorth,fo' wat it's worth...!

Howway Tony,leave the pits oot o' it in that context,if it wasn't for the miners,none of you would have had ships to sail in,only canoes,and you wouldn't have any bullets to fire........

Coal fuelled the industrial revolution,at a cost of thousands of miner's lives,including kids as young as six years old,in the old days.

Let's have a bit of peace and respect,and carry on argying just the syem.....!!

Be honest Symp, we both know who you were referring to in your reference to 'somewhere in Europe in the 30s. But hey, that's ok, that's what this is all about. Whoever we get likened to, even though both the organisations you named were absolutely abhorrent, I can debate and refute any accusation of being anything like the Nazis or the Communists. It's not difficult really, you just have equate the former with (thankfully) the now defunct BNP. And the latter with the Labour Party. No problem. Even our current MP could be questionable, having been (and probably still is) a disciple of Comrade Scargill, insisting on sitting on Dennis Skinners knee in the House of Commons. It's obvious what his true beliefs are.

Forget the C4 Doc. That could have been done with Labour or the Lib Dems just the same. However, look out for the one they are making about the Greens, its probably nearer the bone, but funny just the same.

I don't know how they did it but Channel 4 have been able to look into the future*.  The kippers in charge, Nige in No10 and it all starts to fall apart!  Be afraid, be very afraid!

*Ukip, The Frirst 100 Days.  (available on the 4OD via the Sky box)

Glad you raised that bit of establishment propaganda from the fully-bought-and-paid-for C4 Sym. :D

I think C4 is in some sort of competition with the Beeb as to who can lick the establishment's boots the cleanest! Maybe their charter is coming up for renewal? ;)

We are told the program was the result of extensive research.  Pity that research didn't actually reach to reading the EU treaties which stipulate that we must give two years notice of leaving, and that during that two years there must be negotiations offering us trading agreement "on favourable terms".  But, the C4 propagandists want us to believe that an aerospace manufacturer (who is partly British owned anyway), is going to close a major production facility in a matter of weeks without knowing the result of those "on favourable terms" negotiations concluding two years hence. Have you the remotest idea of what lead times are in the aerospace industry, and how disastrous it would be for Airbus to get involved in raw politics like that?

The facts are that UK/EU trade is overwhelmingly in the EU's favour and they'd have to treat us with the greatest of respect in trade negotiations. A move like the lefty writers at C4 hope for to suit their dumb prejudices could end up tanking the German economy, especially in its present fragile state.

Yes, we are by far the biggest export market for German producers in the entire EU, and we could, if we were so inclined, turn to other markets without much transitory affect on our own economy.  Of course we aren't so inclined, and neither is any sane pan-European enterprise.  The only insanity is the headlong plunge toward a European superstate that the idiots at C4 clearly wish on us!

So... it's utter BS, which will be viewed in future years with the same hilarity as those dire doom and disaster warnings about what would happen to the UK if we refused to join the Euro!  Did you fall for those too? :)

Any dispassionate economic analysis always comes to the inevitable conclusion - better off out!  Only the huge EU propaganda machine (funded by our own money), in alliance with international capital that doesn't like paying UK taxes, puts out messages to the contrary.

I must say I was impressed by that worldwide advert, produced by a couple of self-confessed, posh ex-public school boy, kipper supporters (part of a bigger group of Chelski supporters), explaining their values to that black bloke on the Paris Metro this week.  The incident also helps to illustrate the arguments currently being outlined here on the Forum in this kipper thread and the Education thread.  What was it they were proudly chanting?  "We are racist. We are racist".  Mind, I suppose they don't represent the views of the vast majority of kippers.

Je suis Sym.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now