UKIP advertising

Tonyp

I already touched on this in a different thread, and to his credit 3G gave a fair response. Anyone can advertise here, it's up to the other parties to get in touch and request it. Fair enough.

Why is ukip advertised on the forum website,"I'd like to say the moderators shouldn't allow it"! What does this advertising got to do with Bedlington.

I've been in touch with my Union Shop Steward Tony, who in turn contacted area head office, they agree if it had been the Labour Party advertising it would have been acceptable but they cannot condone others maybe making inroads into the Bastion. They could be visiting County Hall soon if there's an inquiry into the Tescogate  affair, in which case they'll pop down here and have the offending advert removed.  ;)   

• Like 1

"What would you do if somebody from the NF or B.N.P put a request in what would you do?? Looking forward to your answer on that one."

if I may interject, surely it's up to the mods to decide what is and what is not suitable for advertising on here? Personally, as the parties you mention are legitimate, whether we like it or not, I'd say they have as much right as anyone else. I questioned the advert originally as I'm aware 3G is a staunch UKIP man; he didn't deny that at all, and has made it clear that other parties are welcome to advertise. Surely that's fair all-round?

In reply to Tonyp re: 'What's this advertising got to do with Bedlington.'

It has everything to do with Bedlington,. UKIP are now the main opposition to Labour in Northumberland. And you will just have to get used to the fact that UKIP are now a recognised political party. There are many people going to vote UKIP in Wansbeck, and particularly in Bedlington on the 7th May. People now have a choice, and they are entitled to that choice.

• Like 2

INTRESTING,! What would you do if somebody from the NF or B.N.P put a request in what would you do?? Looking forward to your answer on that one.

The terms for advertising are clearly stated in the site announcements forum. http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/topic/4415-your-ad-for-free/

The facility is available for all political parties standing in the Bedlington area that have the sense to request it.

Tonyp, reading your first post it looks like you are wanting to be the self-proclaimed censor for Bedlington. Isn't the whole process about giving people enough information to make an informed choice? I know that's not what anyone around here has been used to but it doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try to buck the historical trend…………………………………………………………………………………………

As for your other point are those parties legitimate political parties within our Sceptred Isles and if so don't they have the same right as your preferred political party of choice? Or is that not the way you see the system working?

Malcolm,there are lots of community websites all around the UK. There are lots of discussions about politics but it's the first time I've

seen a political party been promoted on a website.By the way I'd never dream of been a censor I just find it strange.

Malcolm,there are lots of community websites all around the UK. There are lots of discussions about politics but it's the first time I've

seen a political party been promoted on a website.By the way I'd never dream of been a censor I just find it strange.

Yes it is rather strange that a political party would want to interact with a community they are supposed to be representing isn't it? ;)

Tonyp, it would seem a much more open way to promote a political party than using a public petition about a community issue with only the small print at the bottom saying people were actually giving their contact details to a political party for them to sue as they saw fit……………………………………………………………………………………Ok so you would never dream of being a censor, you just wants the mods to censor anything you might disapprove of?

All this hot air floating around about this party and that party is quite entertaining - we all have our beliefs and favourites but the sad thing is that some folk have been so indoctrinated whether by upbringing or social status that they cannot see the wood for the trees as the saying goes. We the folk of Bedlington will be casting the right vote for the future at the May election and don't be surprised if UKIP come out tops - I know who I will be voting for.

All this hot air floating around about this party and that party is quite entertaining - we all have our beliefs and favourites but the sad thing is that some folk have been so indoctrinated whether by upbringing or social status that they cannot see the wood for the trees as the saying goes. We the folk of Bedlington will be casting the right vote for the future at the May election and don't be surprised if UKIP come out tops - I know who I will be voting for.

UKIP will deffo get my vote

http://www.ukip.org/believe_in_britain_together_we_can_do_great_things?utm_campaign=castlepointsp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ukip

Edited by Pete

Being a 'card-carrying' member of the so-called 'intellectual left', I don't object to the Kippers, or any other LEGAL political party, being able to advertise here.  In doing so the Kippers open themselves up criticism from all the wise folks here and hopefully risk having additional bile tipped over their heads ... so, let's sharpen our nibs and prepare to do battle!  (Sorry about mixing the metaphors). 

Edited by Symptoms

Malcolm,what will ukip do for the North east,if for some odd reason I changed my political views & decided to support B.N.P could

I stick it on the the advertising board me thinks not I didn't realise there was so much one sided political views by the moderators ....

But Tony you're not living up here in Bedlington, watching it go down the drain as all the investment gets pumped into Ashington time after time. It's ok for you and Symp living down in the smoke, but you're not feeling the pain that we who live here feel. You need to step back and let the people of Bedlington make their own choices. What we don't need is pontificating outsiders telling us we're not intelligent enough to decide what's best for Bedlington. You actually insult everyone whose views happen to be different from yours.

• Like 2

Tony wrote:

"f for some odd reason I changed my political views & decided to support B.N.P could
I stick it on the the advertising board me thinks not"

I questioned the appearance of the ad as I wanted to make sure the moderators were impartial, and knew that one had a strong leaning towards the party. I was assured - as we have been in this thread - that other parties could advertise if they wish. That's enough for me. The above sentence misses the point: the moderator did not single-handedly put up the ad, the party asked for it to be placed. As 3G said before, the others should make use of the facility.

willy wrote: "What we don't need is pontificating outsiders telling us we're not intelligent enough to decide what's best for Bedlington."

So, my opinions doesn't count and my opinions are insulting (only some are deliberately so), therefore I need to shut up?  You're not serious willy, are you? Or is this a hint of kipper policy?  It sounds vaguely familiar to me ... let me think????  Oh, yes, now I remember ... somewhere in Europe in the 30s.

Info ... Sym no longer lives in London.

...Or is this a hint of kipper policy?  It sounds vaguely familiar to me ... let me think????  Oh, yes, now I remember ... somewhere in Europe in the 30s....

Just a minute, last week kippers were being accused of wanting to take the country back to the 1950's!  Now it's the 1930's and Nazi Germany!  Got to make your minds up here chaps! :D  I'd like to suggest that Kippers have no intention of taking us anywhere except the present day - actually facing up to present day problems, instead of continually ducking them like the establishment parties do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the only episode of Nazi brownshirt tactics in recent days firmly attributed to forty or so of Tony's union chummies in Rotherham?

B9KBi_VIQAA9nmM.jpg

The day Ukip employs the bully-boy tactics of the left will be the day millions of decent Ukip members leave! The left may wish to sneer at traditional British values, but they are core to Ukip supporters. Suffering fools gladly is one such!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now