Broon poisoning the Yankees

Symptoms

I am a bit puzzled about that - an I right in thinking that many years ago S&N managed to get Newcastle Brown Ale registered as a 'regionally protected' product, in that it could only be called by that name if it was produced in NEWCASTLE. They then moved production to Dunstan and I thought at the time it was a bit odd, but now its made in Yorkshire!! I am wondering if they conveniently forgot about that??? (mind you Guinness was bottled at the Vaux brewery in Sunderland and Theakstons was being brewed at the old S&N brewery in Newcastle)

Edited by pilgrim

agree with mercury (am worried now as I seem to agree too often with him) you could drink the 'brown' - even the draymen wouldn't touch 'amber' - or you could always lay aside the snakebite for a serious dose of 'double diamond' or for those hardened 'clubbers' (different definition these days) try a pint of 'mixed' -- fed ordinary and fed special. ,,,,, and for those morning after visits to the 'club' start with a rum and pep - just to settle the stomach!!!

• Like 1

"..am worried now as I seem to agree too often with him..."

We'll find something to disagree on soon, I'm sure! A thorough investigation yesterday concluded 'see a man about a dog' is the right one. The journalist was just guessing.

Do many people still drink Brown Ale? -  I thought the only drink these days was Stella Artois! judging by the number of pubs selling it -   Mind you, I do prefer a Wheat Beer or Belgian beer to any of the so called 'real ales'  which are being sold these days. I've just been to Tenerife and found most places selling 'pints' for one euro or less, but not Stella.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now