Is there a God?

Hheh heh!

Hi Spider,and a big welcome to the forum,I guess I know you just a wee bit better than anybody else around here!!

Thanks for ya support,it's an interestin' topic gaanin on!

The ship theory,Merc,seems to be misconstrued in your way of thinkin'!

Ye knaa it's light rays being refracted,and it's oot at sea,wi nowt but waata and sky,aal aroond it.

So why should ye be able ti see "through" it,when ya bending images of the surroundings aroond it....a bit like cloning in Photoshop.......aal ye wud see is either mair waata,or mair skylight!!

When aa was aboot thirteen years aad,[at Westridge Schyuuul],Mr Johnson,me science teacher,telt the class aboot an experience he had when he was on holiday with his young family,at Flamborough Head,just doon thi coast.... a wee bit,from here.....!

Aal the people on the beach started ti run doon ti thi waata,low tide,and were staring oot ti sea.

It was red hot,and on thi horizon,ships could be seen sailing past,high above the waata line,effectively,in thi sky,so ti speak.[they were well over the horizon in reality!]

Refraction!,which was the subject we were discussing at the time he related this story to us,as we were using prisms,and strong,focused light beams

to illustrate clearly,how light rays are bent by natural means.

Noo aal tell yi wat meks MY heed hurt.......when yi start taakin aboot "String theory"....and "Alternative Universe's".....!!!!!

Brilliant video,and what is everybody gaana say aboot her?....WAS she hallucinating?...or NUTS?.....

If people knew my Neice,and heard hoo hysterical SHE was THAT time,they would maybe understand a bit better that something serious happened

to her.

Trouble is,a few years ago,an R.A.F. Squadron Leader,on a practice sortie,reported following a UFO,[or UFO'S],and at a speed just below mach 1

the object accelerated incredibly fast,and shot straight up out of sight,making him feel as his craft was in reverse!!

His whole squadron was silenced,and HE was demoted,for causing a huge stir in the media.

Hoo many high-rankin' folk are waaking aroond wi taped-up gobs?,for fear of ridicule,or losing their positions,and possibly their livelyhoods?

Cud the visitors be God's "disciples",just checking ti see hoo we are managing wa planet?

Bet they are NOT impressed!!

"Cud the visitors be God's "disciples",just checking ti see hoo we are managing wa planet?"

I think it far more likely they are not visitors, but military hardware that is yet to be unveiled. For many years there were reports of triangle shaped craft (which now, as we've noted, seem to have been superceded by boomerangs....) of unidentified origin in particular over Scotland and Belgium. It's quite clear now that these were the then secret F117 and B2, as well as most likely prototypes of the other contenders for the projected stealth craft, which looked like nothing else flying at the time. There are even well-grounded suggestions that Kenneth Arnold, back in '47, witnessed secret US air force craft on test in his famous 'flying saucer' case.

As for the ship, whether bending light around or it passign straight through, without it reachign the occupants, they would still be blind!

Edited by mercuryg

I have went in circles about the God question, I feel it's better to have an idea than a belief - you can change and idea.  At the minute I have the idea that most of the Elite on this planet believe in Satan, therefore they believe in god - and are running the show. 

"Cud the visitors be God's "disciples",just checking ti see hoo we are managing wa planet?"

I think it far more likely they are not visitors, but military hardware that is yet to be unveiled. For many years there were reports of triangle shaped craft (which now, as we've noted, seem to have been superceded by boomerangs....) of unidentified origin in particular over Scotland and Belgium. It's quite clear now that these were the then secret F117 and B2, as well as most likely prototypes of the other contenders for the projected stealth craft, which looked like nothing else flying at the time. There are even well-grounded suggestions that Kenneth Arnold, back in '47, witnessed secret US air force craft on test in his famous 'flying saucer' case.

As for the ship, whether bending light around or it passign straight through, without it reachign the occupants, they would still be blind!

Hi Merc!

When you see a dip ahead,[in the road],on a really hot day,and the "pools" appear,due to refraction,do you think that the vehicles travelling through the dip..[which you cannot see],are blind.....?[come to think on it,for those few moments...I suppose you are metaphorically "blind" to them...as you can't see them...!!!]......howld on here noo.....!,wa gaana be agreeing in principle here,afore lang!!

But in that case, hpw, the actual road is not obscured, you can still see it. Its a different principle to driving light around an object. The simple fact is, without light hitting the eye, we are blind. It's a paradox acknowledged by scientists universally.

It's nice to know we've evolved such efficient photon detectors. Its a pity the brain isn't so good at interpreting the results, but hey ho we are getting better at it with the use of infra red, ultra violet, xrays, scanners, radio telescopes and large hadron colliders. 

Aah! Pete,clever way of refracting a point!!

Of course we are blind without light...don't forget I worked underground for nearly 30 years,and when your caplamp went oot....you WERE blind!!

We don't need a college education to know that one!...just as we are deaf if there is no air to  move our ear diapghrams...[or nodes of ranvier...or whatever!!]

There is no light in Space,without an object to reflect it from,[that we can perceive!] nor is there any sound,but light photons are still present!

But deep underground,there are no Photons present for the eye to detect,when none are being emitted.

It is an old-fashioned belief that mice that live in the mines are blind,because they have never been in daylight,NOT true!!

So "Black as the night"doesn't ring true....but"Black is Black"....does!!

My road "pools" example,is a good one,because,you can't still see thi road,it appears as I said...like a pool of water,and what does water reflect?...the sky!

Noo Bob Lazar states in his interview,above,that we can see stars which are at the opposite side of the sun,due to massive refraction of light rays.

I've never heard that before,but,like owt on thi internet,it's checkable!!

This reminds me of Stephen Wright,a zany comedian from a few years back.

One of his gags were.....

"You're in a spaceship..travelling at a thousand times the speed of light......you put you're headlights on cos it's dark out there......WHAT HAPPENS"....!!!!

However much you bend light rays,you are always gonna see light somehow,so you are never gonna be blind!

Noo,aboot God,Pete!

After aal this taak,aav just realised,the only book prize a ever won at school,was when a was eleven years aad,and I won it for an essay I had written,with the title..."I Believe".

A wrote it entirely from me heart,and beliefs,at the time,cos we were taught the Bible,from 5 yrs old starting school,and my Mother used to teach her kids as much as she could,to put us on the right road in life.

It's only as the years have gone by,and,being an individual natured sort of lad,have grown to think about it and seriously question the whole aspect of the Bible story.

As for Daniken Pete,He stands about third down the list of People who have become VERY well off,financially,through investing in the God story.

I would say Billy Graham heads the list,for becoming a self-made "Authority",and leader of the most fraudulent religion there is.[..and I have personal proof of what my statement implies,only it IS personal,I only wish it was possible to share with you what I know.]

Maybe the Vatican should be top of the charts.....hmmmmm![and not second,as I was thinking!]

HPW, what I love about this friendly and truly eclectic forum is reading the opinions and experiences of a fascinating and diverse collection of people, yours being among the most amusing and interesting of all.It's truly great to be able to converse with your good self, and all others on here. Keep up the good work!

It's interesting to think of how any mice left in mine workings will evolve in the next million or so years. I think a lot will die off but mice have a lot of things going for their survival, such as ability to get though small spaces. Food will obviously be a problem, but cannibalism might help in that but i don't know if other food sources may be available such as fungi on old wood etc. Mice are pretty eclectic in their diet. There is usually plenty of water, in fact too much without the pumps, that will kill off a lot. A sub species might eventually evolve, blind, aquatic, albino. cannibal mice that prey on other species that have stayed on the edge of the water. Anyway these are just idle thoughts.  

Thanks for your kind comments,merc,really appreciated,and I also love this forum,and aal it's contributers!!

It's thi only forum aav found where nobody swears,or gets abusive,etc.

It's also responsible for me re-kindling a long lost friendship with Vic and Doreen,[my old neighbour and school friend from aboot 5 yrs aad!!

The trouble wi me is,aav [reluctantly!] acquired a trait from me tyrannical Father,that is,just coming oot and being blunt,and speaking me mind,sometimes at thi wrang times,so aav had ti really work hard at being a bit more diplomatic.

The queer thing is,aav [pleasingly!]acquired me Mother's very docile and tolerant manner,but me worst fault is.....a write like a taak...oh,did a nivvor tell yi....?!!!!!!!!!!!

It's interesting to think of how any mice left in mine workings will evolve in the next million or so years. I think a lot will die off but mice have a lot of things going for their survival, such as ability to get though small spaces. Food will obviously be a problem, but cannibalism might help in that but i don't know if other food sources may be available such as fungi on old wood etc. Mice are pretty eclectic in their diet. There is usually plenty of water, in fact too much without the pumps, that will kill off a lot. A sub species might eventually evolve, blind, aquatic, albino. cannibal mice that prey on other species that have stayed on the edge of the water. Anyway these are just idle thoughts.

Smudge,it's not very far off reality what you suggest!!

When I started Ashington Pit,after Bates closed,in 1986,the first thing I discovered upon getting inbye,on the first shift I did,was....Slatey beetles....not just one or two......MILLIONS!

Every stone,or piece of wood you turned over,there were hundreds of them,scattering in all directions to hide from your caplamp.

That was in every yard of every roadway all over the seam!

The old-timers told me that they had always been down there![no other pit that I worked at had any at all!..just mice and midges!]

BUT,in one very old abandoned roadway,not been entered for many years since it was closed,my Marra and Me went in to do a job.

We were both startled by things dropping from the roof,and the girders,onto our helmets,and our shoulders.

Thinking it was small bits of stone or whatever,we both looked up,[total darkness...just our caplamps..],and we couldn't believe what we were seeing!

Again..thousands of absoloutely HUGE red gorgeous-looking Centipedes!!

About four inches long,and nearly an inch across,from toe to toe![That's BIG for a Centipede!]

We walked in for about three/quarters of a mile,and every yard of that roadway was crawling,roof to floor with these overgrown creatures.

It would have made a great scene for a horror movie!!

There were also big football-sized fronds of fungi in all colours,swinging in the gentle movement of the air,along the roadway,and we can only suppose that that was where the creatures would get there moisture for survival.

My only regret was,that I didn't bring a specimen out to take to the museum..as I have in the past.

It's always amazing how life adapts and survives in the most hostile environments. I wasn't joking about the mice and their ability to survive pockets of them may live on because of other lifeforms that went underground with the timber, like those centipedes or things like wood lice. I'm sure there will be a lot of timber still down there. I don't know, only having worked at the pit for two years before joining the army, but I doubt if there was much of the timber salvaged when the pits closed, considering the amount that went down the shaft. Enough to set up micro oasis' of life all over the place. Who knows what might end up down there eventually. 

Aye Smudgie,in the mid '60s a huge beetle crawled up my leg as I was sitting on a wood chock getting me bait,about 9-0pm,in night-shift,at Bedlington A pit.

I put it in my pocket-watch tin,and then put the tin in my bait-bag..sealed practically air-tight.

I forgot about it,and a few days later,found it,and when I opened the tin,the beetle was still crawling around it lively as hell.

I took it to the Hancock Museum,and the Curator examined it with his magnifying glass.

He told me it was a Cockroach,of far-eastern origin,which probably came down the mine as a larvae,inside a pitprop,[which was imported]and then hatched out due to the warmth of the mine.

When I said it had been without air for days,in the tin,he told me that these creatures were one of a very few species to have survived the ice-age,and could have lived in the tin for months,by shutting down all systems...suspended animation.

They can extract nutrients from stone..wood...almost anything they come in contact with...if necessary,for survival.

Truly amazing!!

The beetle was mounted in the display case,with a brief story of where and how,it was found.

I have since taken Giant Wood-Wasps and other insects to the museum...from underground.

God created some wonderful things,even if he wasn't the God we were taught to believe in!

Pete,for all this discussion,and my differing views to the norm,I cringe,and I mean really cringe....when I hear people take the name of the Lord in vain.

This O.M.G.channel [whatever it is!] really irritates the hell out of me,and has become the in-thing for kids as young as being able to start talking,to say.

You hear young mother's with thier kids in pushchairs,in the street,and if they are not cursing and using "pit-language"[as old-timers referred to it by..],they use oh God as every other phrase.

I was brought up NEVER to take the name of our Lord in vain,and despite my opinions on the Bible,and religion generally,I am indoctrinated on this point.

I have faced up to bully-boys twice my size,underground,and checked them when they have uttered Christ's name in an oath,cos they might have injured themselves or whatever...

I've been ridiculed thousands of times,even in factories,when I checked my marra's,usually younger lads,and told them God's done them no harm,so cut it oot...I'd rather they cursed and swore like Men used to do...before the priviledge was taken over from them by young,[and not so young!]....ladies...nowadays...disgusting!!

So I am a queer one in that sense!![er....bad choice of terminology.....I forget I am in a modern,poisoned age....!]

Just thought I would put that point across,for what it's worth,Pete!

A good topic.

I am going to start a new topic of 'Ubi Sunt'

The Guardian in the past did a Posy cartoon strip.

One that I remember was about kids sat on a wall.

The guinea pig had died.

Dad said 'that's it end of days'

Mum said ' the guinea pig lives as long as we remember it'

Gran said ' the guinea pig will go to heaven'

Caption Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates welcoming the guinea pig.

Kids decide they prefer Gran's version of events.

• 4 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now