Bedlington Christmas Lights

cunnyjohn

Guest missvic

my goal in life is that one day i will switch on the christmas lights of bedlington in a special ceremony at the market place. (i saw sir john hall switch on ashingtons lights one year from the window of my chiropodists while having a verucca removed - i was in awe)

my goal in life is that one day i will switch on the christmas lights of bedlington in a special ceremony at the market place. (i saw sir john hall switch on ashingtons lights one year from the window of my chiropodists while having a verucca removed - i was in awe)

the're already on , they glow yellow with all the bright power of sodium all year round

lights in bedlington, i must of blinked and missed them :angry:

well, apparently their used to be a christmas tree with lights in in the market place, till someones theiving sister pinched them....

no names mentioned mind... ;)

also, apparently their is a mobile display planned each night down the front street...

or maybe thats another guy getting arrested for drunk and disorderly because he decided to stagger home to save the taxi fare and tripped on the big pot hole on the main street thats been there for years.

getting arrested....£80

a meal and flowers as an apology to the wife...£80

realising your hands are wedged in your jeans pockets BEFORE you trip......PRICELESS!

but thats a story for another thread!

well, apparently their used to be a christmas tree with lights in in the market place, till someones theiving sister pinched them....

no names mentioned mind... ;)

also, apparently their is a mobile display planned each night down the front street...

or maybe thats another guy getting arrested for drunk and disorderly because he decided to stagger home to save the taxi fare and tripped on the big pot hole on the main street thats been there for years.

getting arrested....£80

a meal and flowers as an apology to the wife...£80

realising your hands are wedged in your jeans pockets BEFORE you trip......PRICELESS!

but thats a story for another thread!

WTF?!

Three words - 'Wanbeck District Council'.

Actually, most of the lights are nothing to do with Wansbeck District Council, all they supply are the paltry few attached to lamp posts. Those attached to the business premises are either supplied by the traders themselves, Bedlingtonshire Chamber of Trade (those around St. Cuthbert's Church), or Bedlington Forum.

It is often the same people who you hear tubbyboohooing about the paucity of decorative lights in the town centre who get all Hyacinth Bouquet about folk who go slightly over the top dolling their houses up with festive tat.

Make your mind up, you either like lights or you don't.

I'll bid you good day.

It is often the same people who you hear tubbyboohooing about the paucity of decorative lights in the town centre who get all Hyacinth Bouquet about folk who go slightly over the top dolling their houses up with festive tat.

Make your mind up, you either like lights or you don't.

I'll bid you good day.

It seems that Morpeth can get enough interest in lighting up the town. I was just looking at this weeks crop of Northumberland pictures on www.northumberland-cam.com, and he has a pretty good set of pictures of Morpeth,s Christmas lights.

Do they have more local pride there? Or what is the problem!

Joe

It seems that Morpeth can get enough interest in lighting up the town. I was just looking at this weeks crop of Northumberland pictures on www.northumberland-cam.com, and he has a pretty good set of pictures of Morpeth,s Christmas lights.

Joe

i just went looking for morpeths equivalent site to this . Couldnt find one , maybe there too busy putting up lights to rig one up!!! Well im not fussed about christmas lights outside anyhoo.. baa humbug!!

Bachelors such as myself have no need for frivolous items such as Christmas decorations. The electricity saved through not having to power lights/santas/reindeers/inflatable snowmen etc is instead used to power my TV, where re-runs of The Sweeney are gratefully viewed.

And why buy baubles or tinsel when you can get four cans of Nelson from Netto for £3.29?

Joe

Not too many folk bother with lights here Joe, they are too busy trying to avoid the wrath of Jesus. :unsure: