Borgias

tomtom

Anyone remember Borgias - a good restaurant of some years ago. I notice that there is still a sign above the door! My parents and their friends used to travel up from North Shields regularly during the 1960's. 

Tomtom yeah I remember it I would say it was the first restaurant in bedlington where you could get a decent bottle of wine with your

Meal remember years ago I came home on leave from the navy I took my mum to the red lion when it was more of a restaurant in them days & ordered a bottle of mateus rose with our dinner me mum thought she was proper posh yet you go to the supermarket now & it's one of the cheapest wine on the shelf.its not my cup of tea but my mum enjoyed it..

Good for her - when I was in my teens (a little over 50 years ago) a meal out was a treat and I have fond memories of the Griddle Bar in Whitley Bay drinking Liebfraumilch or Black Tower with my Chicken in a Basket. I'm pleased to say that my tastes have changed for the better now and I now drink a reasonable Champagne with my fish and chips!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now